Thread: Chappelle 8:46

Default Chappelle 8:46

How racist was he?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I have not doubt that people have a right to be angry. I recognize the inequalities and the sordid history. I just wonder how much of the problem is exaggerated and exacerbated by the media. Everything that happens is bad enough, but then its sensationalized for maximum effect, like CNN playing the Trayvon Martin 911 call out of sequence to make it sound racist.

If his level of emotion is any indication, the country is at a boiling point. Someone is playing both sides like a fiddle.
    Last edited by everlast; 06-12-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post

If his level of emotion is any indication, the country is at a boiling point. Someone is playing both sides like a fiddle.
    I think that is an understatement. His point was "black men trained by the military" and "Rat-a-tat-tat-tat..." in case you were not paying attention...

and asymmetrical warfare. its troubling. i imagine this is what formerly (somewhat) functional countries feel like at the onset of their collapse; before the Taliban.

The problem is that the media has convinced "both sides" that the other is the enemy, so people who might otherwise be united and fighting the common enemy, will be fighting each other instead. Its a lose lose.
    Last edited by everlast; 06-12-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Very true. Just as at Bamyan we watched mouths agape as the Taliban blew up the magnificent Budda, we will see the same at Stone Mountain very soon...

I hope not. Stone Mountain was a cool place back in the day.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I think that is an understatement. His point was "black men trained by the military" and "Rat-a-tat-tat-tat..." in case you were not paying attention...
    Well, I'm not so sure that THAT was his point, but if it was, I could understand it.

I do NOT understand why folks in our country make this an issue about race.

But, I do know that if I felt strongly enough about an issue with society, I could be persuaded to "Rat-a-tat-tat-tat..." when all other avenues of discourse were traversed.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!