Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 94.23%
  • No

3 5.77%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will they cave?

John C. Calhoun was one of the greatest South Carolinians that ever lived.

Ben Tillman was as evil a piece of shit as we ever spawned.

Choose wisely...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Why do you say that?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind.../amp/566472001

Clemson is bound to follow the heritage act of 2000. It would take legislation to change it, is my understanding from reading this article.

They'll change it.

College of Charleston already changed the name of Dixie plantation and there's a petition going round to change the name of the marine lab from (named after former president George Grice who tried to prevent segregation at C of C).

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Heritage Act would not protect anything named for Tillman.

Section 1-10-30. The Infantry Battle Flag of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia (Confederate Battle Flag) displayed on the Confederate Soldiers' Monument on the State House grounds, and any monument, marker, memorial, school, or street erected or named in honor of the Confederacy or the civil rights movement located on any municipal, county, or state property shall not be removed, changed, or renamed without the enactment of a joint resolution by a two-thirds vote of the membership of each house of the General Assembly approving same.

The article states the name was not changed a while back because the bot has to follow laws. I took that as it was protected but you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind.../amp/566472001

Clemson is bound to follow the heritage act of 2000. It would take legislation to change it, is my understanding from reading this article.
    It's supposed to take legislation to send men to die on foreign soil and to enact emergency orders longer than 14 days also.

But that hasn't stopped 'em from doing it anyway.

Where’s this petition?

Haha

i would have no problem with them renaming it. Hell, if it werent for the article 99.99999% of people would not know it existed.

Rename it after Harvey Gantt.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I think the black players should get together and say “You’ve Fucked With The Last Generation” by all going to HBCU’s and beat the dogshit outta all the plantations they’ve historically been going to.

The MEAC, SWAC, SIAC, CIAA and another, yet to be formed conference could be the new Power 5 with this as their logo.....

I'm fine removing Tillman from the name. I'll accept changing the name of the honors college. Removing the Calhoun mansion or anything to do with Clemson is taking it too far.

Why y’all thinking so hard on this??? Just ask Auburn what they call theirs.

Unless you can kick a FG we don’t need your ass no way, but it was a good story. Cracker.

Damn man, you done Catdaddied your post

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Unless you can kick a FG we don’t need your ass no way, but it was a good story. Cracker.
    Yeah, well I decided I didn’t want Glenn to see it when I applied for a job, so I disappeared it. The gist of it for all you unfortunates that’s didn’t see it is, you can do a lot of things mere mortals can’t, when you play football.
    Last edited by wskinner; 06-11-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't envy the people on that BOT, but I sure wish that they had done the right thing and voluntarily gotten rid of the maggoty Tillman name years ago when they had the opportunity. Doing it now, under duress, will set off a cascading chain of "out wokeing" each other from Jasper County to Cheraw...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I don't envy the people on that BOT, but I sure wish that they had done the right thing and voluntarily gotten rid of the maggoty Tillman name years ago when they had the opportunity. Doing it now, under duress, will set off a cascading chain of "out wokeing" each other from Jasper County to Cheraw...
    why isnt a mob trying to burn down Winthrop?

Because there arent any TV cameras there, Thats why.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Think they won't? Hide and watch...