Thread: 4-shot Double Rifle Group

Default 4-shot Double Rifle Group

The windage difference between the over and under barrels is about 1" at 100 yards with the under barrel shooting left of the over barrel. I'm pretty happy with that since it's actually better than I really could have hoped for. I'll probably try to put each barrel about a 1/2" on either side of zero and shoot them without any thought to horizontal differences.

The elevation differences were disappointing especially since the over barrel shoots consistently higher than the under barrel by about 2.5" at 100 yards. I was hoping the two barrels crossed each other but that doesn't look like the case. Since I have been shooting Remington Core-Lokt 150 grain bullets I decided to see if a higher quality bullet made a difference. I shot a few cycles of Hornady Superformance 150 grain but they didn't shoot noticeably different than the Core-Lokt bullets. So I tried a 180 Nosler in the over barrel and magic happened. The elevation differences disappeared at 100 yards.

This is 100 yards with a 1.5x-5x scope at 5x, 150 grain Core-Lokt in the under barrel and 180 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip in the over. I really hoped to not have to resort to shooting two different bullets but I like that if I used Core-Lokt in the over barrel I can shoot point of aim from about 150 to 250 yards. Most of my hunting is in the woods but I do occasionally hunt over some clay pits where I can see 250+ yards. I wouldn't chance at deer that far especially with a 5x scope but I did kill a 200 yard coyote last year and there's a beaver that needs killin' too...

Anyway, this is the final 4-shot group. I knew I pulled the first shot a little but I was tired and it was getting late so I just went with it. The leftmost shot was the first shot with the under barrel, the two next to each other were the first over barrel and second under barrel and the final over barrel shot hit the edge of the bulls eye. I'll probably move the scope about 3-4 clicks to the right and call it ready to hunt.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I’ll give you $100 American dollars for it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I’ll give you $100 American dollars for it.
    You know it's a .30-06, right? Probably knocks 25% off the offer?

I wouldn’t want to lowball you.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Even your targets are fancy

You buy those at HS likka sto'?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Even your targets are fancy

You buy those at HS likka sto'?
    Don't tell 2th but I got them from Walmart...10 for $2.95...right next to the bullets...