Thread: 4473 form

Default 4473 form

My wife has decide she’d like to get her cwp, so I took her to look and handle guns at academy. She decides on a m&p shield which fits her hand great. The baby gets fussy so I’m walking him around while she fills out the 4473, when I check in again she tells me she had trouble with 1 question on form which is the buyer/ transferee question her being honest she checks no since I’m buying gun from a different account then our joint account. So it comes back no sell jail for 30 days. Question is will that have any affect on her cwp class which is at end of June?

Someone with more knowledge than I will probably come along, but I did work a gun counter for a while and watched more than a few of those forms get filled out. I would not expect that to affect anything on her CWP, as 4473 is an NICS check through the FBI. CWP is a SLED document. If you don't mind me asking, can you offer some clarification on what she checked that got the "DENY" response. I have never heard the Jail 30 days part before, but I was not exposed to every situation.

Sounds like she answered no on 11a

Are you the buyer/transferee of this firearm
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

She just has to wait 30 day before she can try again, no jail time lol. She said she asked for clarification from guy, his responses was to think about question, he couldn’t help with form. She checked no on 11a I think, which is are you the buyer/transferee. After his response she checked no because I was paying for pistol at checkout. She submitted form on a tablet at counter before I got back. Asked if I could fill one out for myself and he quickly said no. I have same pistol on hold at another place that I’m picking up in morning. On way home she broke silence in car by say gun control really works don’t it. Thanks for response was hoping it wouldn’t hurt her chances.

Yep 11a. The guy at the counter is well trained and was stopping a potential straw sale (even thought it wasn't, it probably seemed like it to him). Sorry it happened that way, but yes the system does work as intended!

As I said, I do not think it will have any bearing at all on her CWP form, as there is really no correlation between the two governing bodies.