Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf bag recommendations

I scoff at PXG's. They are ugly and overpriced.

And your 6 iron looks a little "toe'y".......hahahahahaha.

I kid, I kid.........
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Everyone is just skipping over the fact of the PXG irons in the new bag. Heck of an upgrade from those pings, both in technology and price
    I've had those now for over a couple years now, they're generation 1s, nippon modus 120s. I like them. I actually bounced around, those were after an ap2 and tmb combo.

I'm playing AP1s right now and pretty happy with them except the shafts are the AMT reds which help launch the ball higher which I don't need with my swing. My buddy who is pretty solid golfer did an AP1 long iron and AP2 short iron combo and loves them.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I scoff at PXG's. They are ugly and overpriced.

And your 6 iron looks a little "toe'y".......hahahahahaha.

I kid, I kid.........
    It was, left rough on 7 coming in on my second shot. I was trying to play a high fade. It ended up on eight tee box.. I think I went even par from there to take money from one of your Clemson buddies.

I’ll play the 714 ap2’s I got til the grooves wear off. If they’re good enough for spieth to win the masters and us open with in same year they’ll cut it on my course

I thought Speith had some tmbs thrown in there. I'm not sure, thought so though.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    It was, left rough on 7 coming in on my second shot. I was trying to play a high fade. It ended up on eight tee box.. I think I went even par from there to take money from one of your Clemson buddies.
    I need to get in on some of y'all's matches. Need to infiltrate the Camden "good ol' boy" system. Hell, I know every one of y'all. Poor, poor Myers........leave that man's money alone.

I swear I'd rather discuss deer bullets
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I need to get in on some of y'all's matches. Need to infiltrate the Camden "good ol' boy" system. Hell, I know every one of y'all. Poor, poor Myers........leave that man's money alone.
    Wasnt him.. back before I quit years back we did play about together about every Thursday

Come out, the place is starting to look good. Danny's last day was Monday. Looking for a new guy now, saw a few out this week. And we have a new GM, theres been some nice changes

And Boozer, now you feel like I do near any of you turkey hunters..

Absolutely. That's a fun and tough little track. Those greens require about 4 putters in the bag.....ha. Don't tell me you took Boozer's money????

Naw, I haven't played with Boozer this decade.. it's usually near him. Then he beats me with a team effort.. I mostly just play straight golf except for a few guys I just have fun playing with. I didnt start back to be the best handicapped golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I thought Speith had some tmbs thrown in there. I'm not sure, thought so though.
    I think he played that utility series instead of a 21 degree hybrid occasionally. 712u I believe it was. I don’t think the tmb’s released until fall of 2015. Speaking of those tmb’s what did you think of them? I always liked the look I’ve never come across the opportunity to swing one though.

Like i said this one has seen its better days.
    ABDCEE89-7FA1-4BD2-B9CC-47460D8D24CE.jpg
    5335FB47-3269-4654-8F76-8966DAE0969C.jpg
    1E86F639-06F2-4EAB-AB06-B48C32CBBD34.jpg
    No telling how many offers i have had on that Cleveland over the years.

I actually liked them, not the black plastic material on top though. The same with the p790s. I carry a 790 2 iron at times, or did. I have a hybrid 3 in now, it suits better for my course and shots, basically two shots. We have a par 3 that plays 230 to 235ish, that hybrid I can just hit all high and fluffy.

I dont care for any of the pxg wedges, I have vokeys from 46 down.

I have a sun mountain c130 but use a push cart when walking. It’s a good bag for cart and push, having room for water bottles and shedding clothes during the colder months.

I’ve thought about buying a carry bag, but my clic gear makes it easier.

Anybody worn any of the FJ Flex shoes? Bought a pair the other day but haven’t played in them yet. Was a little hesitant about lack of traction but we will see how they do i guess. Thanks for all the responses on the bags, i will check those out.

Yes sir, the last two pairs grey pairs on the top are, last years and this years. They're comfy. I use a lot of lower body, the only time, I had a solid slip was a couple weeks ago. It was on a pretty damp tee box, harder surface, and I was hitting a driver.

20200604_204719.jpg

Yea the end pair are the ones i bought. I still have my pair of dryjoys but they are starting to look a little rough so i figured i would give the flex a try.
    Last edited by adamb61085; 06-04-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Those superlite xls are comfortable as heck too.. but I slap ruin the right toe, my last pair split from toe to soul. I love my dryjoys and icons, but I do like those new aged shoes walking.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Those irons are classic!
    And worth a lot of money
    Go Tigers!!!