Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Rock

5 guys can pull a 600 over the side of a CC no problem. 800 might be a different story but it’s doable.
    Last edited by buckpro; 06-04-2020 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Is that MJ
    It is.....matches his plane too

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    5 guys can pull a 600 over the side of a CC no problem. 800 might be a different story but it’s doable.
    With that much money at stake, that SOB’s coming over the side with 2 some way, some how. Something might get bent or broke but it’s happening.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

500lbs no problem, eh? Bullshit.

Dr Duck, please explain the process of backing down on a hog and pulling it in the boat...
    Last edited by formerly bohica; 06-04-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post

Dr Duck, please explain the process of backing down on a hog and pulling it in the boat...
    Come on man! You know these boys are Santiago in the flesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Never been offshore or been on any of these boats, but what's causing the concern of getting 500 to 800 pounds in the boat? I know it's apples and oranges but we got an 800 pound alligator in a bay boat while floating down the river with just 2 guys and a girl. Is the height of the transom the problem?

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

It's been a long time ago, but I watched my Grandpa put a 400# Swordfish in the boat by himself. Well, I did turn the crank handle on the winch. Of course, my Grandpa was a fucking Man with huge balls. He shot it with a 94 Winchester, tail lassoed it and loaded it over the side. Didn't seem to be that miraculous an event at the time .
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You’ve done it before.

I mean there was some grunting involved
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Many years ago I worked in commercial real estate. The owner of strip mall that I did the leasing for bought at an auction a fiberglass mount of a previous SC state record blue marlin and stored it in one of the vacant stores. When you hear about big marlin, it's hard for most to understand how big they really are. Standing next to that mount and imagining it next to the boat really made it tangible for me. It made me better understand how someone ever came up with the ridiculous idea of cutting a door in the transom of a boat.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 06-05-2020 at 02:47 PM.

24' Contender just signed up. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Backed down on a hog and pulled it over the transom. Bout sunk the boat but the fish was green and money on the line. It was something I will never forget
    That was what? 40 years ago? I still remember seeing the tail sticking out as a little kid thinking y'all were a crazy bunch of pirates...

Fact and yes I suspect there was a little grunting. I would certainly like to try and 800. Hope it eats on the 80w though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrapmetal View Post
    You’ve done it before.
    Pretty sure ya'll have seen the pics?
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Ahhh the wisdom of the all knowing Clarky “The Offshore Guru”. My question has served it’s intended purpose!

Type youtube in your web browser, search Nic Stanzyck and watch him pull 750# swords into his Freeman with 2 other people.

Yours Truly, The Guru.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Type youtube in your web browser, search Nic Stanzyck and watch him pull 750# swords into his Freeman with 2 other people.

Yours Truly, The Guru.
    I’ve seen those videos, I’ve seen plenty of people do it...I was just trying to ruffle some feathers

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Fro- seen the pics of your fish. Having been there before, I wouldn’t have described it as “ no problem.”

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That was what? 40 years ago? I still remember seeing the tail sticking out as a little kid thinking y'all were a crazy bunch of pirates...
    Along time ago it was and good memory.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Just got pics from the boys on the 6-T-9 of a 750lb queeferbeak tagged and released.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking Vikings resemble Spencers?
    Not crazy. Just dumb. But we knew that already.