Thread: Recommendations needed Spray Foam Insulation

Default Recommendations needed Spray Foam Insulation

I am looking for a reputable spray foam closed cell insulation for a metal building. The building is located in Blackstock, SC. Any advice from the brain trust is appreciated.
    Kill big, kill often

Clay Riddle 803-760-6934
    He did my house and a building at work for me. I have been pleased with his work both times.

It's not hard to do, you can save a ton of money and buy the Dow Froth Paks and do it yourself. Just an idea. But I know everyone's time has a dollar figure on it, some folks just prefer to let the pros do it. That closed cell foam carries about a R-7 value per inch of thickness, so doesn't take much to properly insulate the building envelope.
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-02-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

X2 on Riddle

Any particular reason for wanting closed cell over open cell? Price wise, closed cell costs more.

School me on closed vs. open cell
    Kill big, kill often

Closed cell is hard, open cell is soft.

Think of closed as the foam in your hard plastic cooler vs the foam in your truck seat.

Open doesn't have the insulation value per inch compared to closed, so you gotta apply the open cell thicker to get the insulation value up. But it is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I’ve read where some people have had problems with spraying it to the inside of a metal building, directly onto the back of the exterior metal and then the metal buckled from not being able to move during temperature changes. Not from personal experience but something to think about.