Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protocols, family, and survival

Not to mention that studies have shown beyond the shadow of a doubt that firing a gun (especially a shotgun) can lead to brain damage (CTE )in developing brains. I cringe at the images of young kids with turkeys these days. We were all happy to just get to go on the hunt, being seen and not heard from, soaking up all the information that we could. Today's parents want to put up an instagram of their kid with a dead turkey 2 weeks out of NICU...

Me and my sister wasn't allowed inside unless someone was bleeding or had to poop. But heaven forbid if you wasn't in the house within 30 seconds of mama yelling "suppers ready"
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 06-02-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Adam Walsh's death changed the way parents in the early 80's with the missing milk carton children. I still remember the disappointment when I could no longer roam the sporting goods aisle alone. Squirrel hunting fishing a mile from home was still permissible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Me and my sister wasn't allowed inside unless someone was bleeding or had to poop. But heaven forbid if you wasn't in the house within 30 seconds of mama yelling "suppers ready"
    Sheeit. We know you weren't missing a meal, so don't blame it on mama.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Never went thirsty with all that good hose water, either. Simpler times.

I was an anomaly of a kid, my favorite shows when I was 6 were Walker Texas Ranger and COPS. Had someone tried to get me when I was 8, I probably would have unleashed a volley from my cap gun and hit them with some of my limited Tae Kwon Do skills. By the time I was 11, I would have had my deer rifle on them. I’d like to think I would have been able to pull the trigger if it came to protecting me and my little brother. Of course I wasn’t allowed access to the gun cabinet when I was that young, but, of course, I knew where the key was hidden and regularly enjoyed secretly handling the guns when my parents were away. They weren’t toys to me. I saw what they could do to four legged critters and was respectful of their power.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Never went thirsty with all that good hose water, either. Simpler times.

I was an anomaly of a kid, my favorite shows when I was 6 were Walker Texas Ranger and COPS. Had someone tried to get me when I was 8, I probably would have unleashed a volley from my cap gun and hit them with some of my limited Tae Kwon Do skills. By the time I was 11, I would have had my deer rifle on them. I’d like to think I would have been able to pull the trigger if it came to protecting me and my little brother. Of course I wasn’t allowed access to the gun cabinet when I was that young, but, of course, I knew where the key was hidden and regularly enjoyed secretly handling the guns when my parents were away. They weren’t toys to me. I saw what they could do to four legged critters and was respectful of their power.
    You and me both. My parents left and the .44 carbine came right out...

I started my boys shooting at 3. My 12yo is one of the safest people you will ever be around with a gun. My 9yo is a work in progress but has come a long way this last year. Anyone breaching the perimeter would probably get to my 12yo before he decided to take a shot. You ain’t getting that lucky with little brother. That joker will empty two 25rnd mags out of that 10/22 into your ass between the first and second steps and loading the third while calling his brother to get in the fight. He ain’t a big kid but he’s got that don’t mess with me attitude when his hackles get up. I’ve pulled him off neighbor kids a time or two that were bigger and older.

My boys stay in the woods, around a pond, or creeks all day. Rarely do they spend a day inside but it’s easy to do that around here. I keep telling them how good they got it growing up in Pawleys. They’ll figure it out one day.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

We were raised old school, one night when we were called for dinner, we sat down and Momma asked where Steve was(brother #3), we said the fort fell in and Steve is still in there. The fort was an underground bunker we had dug in the woods behind the house, entry hole hidden by plywood and limbs, a 15' tunnel and then a cave we dug- had an air hole poked out the roof.
    Well Steve had snitched on us and we got our asses beat by the neighbor lady(everybody's Momma whooped everybody's ass back then) so us 2 and the 2 brothers that lived near us jumped up and down on the cave roof tryin to scare Steve, well- the cave fell in.
    Momma grabbed us by the ears and we all took off for the fort, dug Steve out with our hands, he still lives today. We got our asses beat every time Momma and Dad even thought about it for probably a month.
    Damn those were good times.

Most moms today wouldn’t let their kid play with a real shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You and me both. My parents left and the .44 carbine came right out...
    Yep. Til I shot a hole in the wall.

Ha - we had a massive underground tunnel system of forts. Probably one of the most dangerous things we did on a consistent basis. I even remember showing my Dad one time. Pretty sure his response was...I hope you have an escape plan when those tunnels collapse in on you. I think we even built support frames once we got so deep we couldn’t poke air holes. Eventually the parents shut it down and made us cave it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Ketchup crackers with hose pipe water for lunch. Roofing business wasn't so lucrative back in those days
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Watching The Patriot now. Nathan and Samuel are about to smoke some red coat officers. Aim small, miss small.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    Ha - we had a massive underground tunnel system of forts. Probably one of the most dangerous things we did on a consistent basis. I even remember showing my Dad one time. Pretty sure his response was...I hope you have an escape plan when those tunnels collapse in on you. I think we even built support frames once we got so deep we couldn’t poke air holes. Eventually the parents shut it down and made us cave it in.
    Your daddy Ho Chi Minh?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Hahahahaha!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.