Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Framing Nailer

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    We used to run makita stand up screw guns for screwing advantech with a builder I worked for in high school/college. They were good guns
    still running the same thing

I've got the same gun Charlie linked but seldom use it. Spend the money and get the metabo cordless with 2 batteries. You won't be able to frame fast enough to wear one down by the time the next one is charged. The metabo doesn't have the long "wind up" noise the Dewalt has and also the sequential fire is quite impressive with very little to no delay

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Metabo-HPT-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    My HVAC man has the dewalt 20v nailer on his truck, I’ve used it a few times for odds and ends and it seems solid.
    Paslodes work but keep gas and a battery in your tool apron bc you’ll need them quick.

Pretty much every framing crew I use has the one Charlie linked and those boys are rough on them
    I can’t keep the motors in one of those Paslodes. They keep replacing them but I go through 2-3 a year. They’re great when they work but a PITA when they all of a sudden quit and you’re up on a ladder holding a board over your head.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Remind me to never loan you my truck or nail gun lol
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Remind me to never loan you my truck or nail gun lol
    My truck came broke but it’s a GM, I should have expected that. I’ve rebuilt a Paslode air gun about 4 times. Never rebuilt a Hitachi and the Grip-Tite I got last year is awesome. All my air trim guns are now Hitachi with the exception of one DeWalt and a Rigid brad nailer. The Milwaukee battery trim guns are stout but I did have a 15ga straight nailer quit on me, replaced no questions asked.

Maybe it’s not just GM though, damn Ford dealers won’t even give me a price on the truck I want to order. Guess before long I’m going to have to get a RAM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I've got the same gun Charlie linked but seldom use it. Spend the money and get the metabo cordless with 2 batteries. You won't be able to frame fast enough to wear one down by the time the next one is charged. The metabo doesn't have the long "wind up" noise the Dewalt has and also the sequential fire is quite impressive with very little to no delay

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Metabo-HPT-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Interesting. I'll do some more research on that one.