Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $14,000,000,000,000 in slavery "reparations"

Default $14,000,000,000,000 in slavery "reparations"

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television, told CNBC on Monday the U.S. government should provide $14 trillion of reparations for slavery to help reduce racial inequality.

The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

“Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Johnson said on “Squawk Box.”

“Wealth transfer is what’s needed,” he argued. “Think about this. Since 200-plus-years or so of slavery, labor taken with no compensation, is a wealth transfer. Denial of access to education, which is a primary driver of accumulation of income and wealth, is a wealth transfer.”

Johnson, 74 made history as America’s first black billionaire when he sold BET to Viacom in 2001. Shortly after the sale, he started the investment firm The RLJ Cos. He’s no longer on the Forbes billionaires list.

Calling reparations the “affirmative action program of all time,” Johnson said they would send the signal that white Americans acknowledge “damages that are owed” for the unequal playing field created by slavery and the decades since with a “wealth transfer to white Americans away from African Americans.”

more-
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html

Who alive owned a slave? Who’s on the hook for this? How fast would these lying sack of shit politicians loot the fund? Is it a “white” tax, made by checking Caucasian or white on your tax form? Is there going to be a reparations bill for native Americans and if so, what percentage qualifies.

People have gone off the deep end with no way of climbing out.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

We are all slaves to the govt so send da damn check!

Talk about irony...

I saw the title and had a good chuckle for about 15 seconds.

That works out to $377,000 per if the numbers I saw were right.

They’d all be broke again in six months, tops.

I just browsed through the article so I may have missed something, but wonder how much of his money he’d be willing to part with in order to redistribute wealth

Money can’t buy intelligence and work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    I just browsed through the article so I may have missed something, but wonder how much of his money he’d be willing to part with in order to redistribute wealth
    None.

If you are the children of mixed race parents,.,...I guess they will take a percentage of your assets for being white and then give it back to you for being black. No net loss in the end.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Is that a one time payment? Can we do away with welfare? Obamacare? WIC?

14 trillion today with time value of money may actually be a pretty good deal. Pay it today or pay for every year in perpetuity
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

It ain't black people that's the problem. It's liberal basement dweeling suburbanite liberal anitfa snots getting paid to cause the problem.

Stop Giving Bricks To Black People

White Punks Painting Buildings

Rep. Owens Sums It Up Perfectly

And...

Former Black Lives Matter Ferguson Organizer, Chaziel Sunz Exposes Democrats, Antifa, BLM & More

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Yep
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Bill the black Africans that sold your ancestors into a world wide slavery trade- that's right- world wide- not just here.

Do I get a check for my Irish ancestors sold into slavery? STFU and get a job.

Wish they would just give me my SS in one lump sum and I would call it even.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

If the descendants of African slaves get $14T, how much will the restitution be for the Native Americans? They suffered almost absolute genocide AND got their land taken.

I need to get my ancestry traced and find out which of my ancestors were owned by the Romans or Greeks or maybe Egyptians. Somebody's just got to owe me some money!

Slavery was a human rights atrocity. Slave owners were just as evil as abortion doctors today. Slaves generate billions in wealth. There is no way to trace back the wealth most of the wealth was lost when the South was left in ruin and confederate money became worthless. What land was left most was sold to carpeted baggers.

A black man reach the highest office in the land. Opportunity is here for any one America with aid for minorities. Unless a person is disable being poor in America is a choice. The highest hurdle to wealth is the progressive tax rate and capital gains tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Slavery was a human rights atrocity. Slave owners were just as evil as abortion doctors today. Slaves generate billions in wealth. There is no way to trace back the wealth most of the wealth was lost when the South was left in ruin and confederate money became worthless. What land was left most was sold to carpeted baggers.

A black man reach the highest office in the land. Opportunity is here for any one America with aid for minorities. Unless a person is disable being poor in America is a choice. The highest hurdle to wealth is the progressive tax rate and capital gains tax.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd here we go- another uneducated dumbass attributing slavery to the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

There wasn’t slavery in the north?
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 06-01-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7