Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 Poult Report

Saw 4 poults, able to fly, with 3 hens this morning crossing 4 lanes of traffic on 52 near the Santee.

Flushed a covey of 10 to 15 small toddler turkeys this morning in southern Greenville County. I could hear the hen clucking in the woods. They were in the same field where the lone hen and single little baby turkey was spotted a month ago.

I flushed a covey of about 6 in southern Greenville county last Saturday. My folks had a hen and about 5 or 6 poults in Anderson County last week. Never see turkeys at there place so it was quite a nice surprise.

Awe some the other day couldn’t have been more than a few days old. Upstate
    Windows Down!

Seen 7-8 good broods in last couple weeks
    80-20 Genaration

Allendale County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Last day of zone 2 season I saw a hen with about 15 poults. Haven't been back.
    Down to 2-3 out of that 15 as of ten days ago.
    Carolina Counsel

Had 3 hens and 7 poults drift through the yard 3 weeks ago one afternoon. Saw another hen with less than a dozen small chicks yesterday about a mile away, Laurens County. Saw 2 hens and several fist sized poults in a field near 96 a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen a full brood anywhere, either turkeys or wood ducks so far.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Still haven't seen a poult in Spartanburg or cherokee counties. Had 3 hens in the back yard yesterday,none with hens.....not good.
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Saw 2 longbeards strutting in a field with 4 hens last Tuesday. Southern Spartanburg county. Still no poults seen in person or on cameras.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Latest nest I think I’ve ever seen. She’s been on it a week or so. Eastern Kershaw County...Wateree swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Dates are correct, latest hatch I've seen.
    IMAG0235.JPG
    IMAG0084.JPG

Mother Nature always finds a way.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

We've had a hen with several poults (sans pin feathers) in our yard as late as 9/28 before. I have pictures of a hen with poults still showing egg teeth on 7/28 one year. No idea of the mortality on those late late hatches but it sure explains variations on tom sizes, super jakes etc. Some of them have surely got to make it.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Love it. I sat in a pretty piece of woods the other morning and heard every sound a turkey makes, I believe.