Thread: Pouring Concrete

Default Pouring Concrete

Guys, I have a small pool house that am cleaning up and plan to use it as an outside storage building. The pool was filled in years ago. The wood floor was absolutely shot so I pulled it all out and planned on putting another wood floor in but changed my mind and think I want to pour concrete in there.

What advice do you have? Do I need to pour it in 2 sections or will it be stable enough to do the entire floor in one day?
    Attached Images Attached Images

All you need is a match. Oh, you got termites too.

What are the dimensions? Can you access it easily? It looks to me that if you want it done the right way you will have a job ahead of you. If you are just using it to store yard tools and what nots I would just use pavers.

It may not seem like a lot of concrete, but mixing quickcrete gets old real fast. Go the paver route unless you are dead set on it being concrete.

What are the dimensions?

It's the size of 2 sheets of plywood. I was thinking about going the paver route.

At 4” that’s about 40-45 bags of sakrete. With one guy helping and a mixer it wouldn’t be too bad. I’ve got a mixer you could use but it’s in Spartanburg.

Pavers. And it will cost less than $150.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Put some #57 stone in it and call it done. Pavers you need to grade it down, get it level, put in base, then pavers, then sand it in for it to be right.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013