Thread: WY Hunting Applications

Default WY Hunting Applications

Deer and Speed Goat applications for WY are due today

I haven't made up my mind yet. I may save my points and decide to try and get an OTC tag of some sort later.

im going for a point in WY and buy OTC elk
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

July 1 is when you are allowed to buy a pref point correct?

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    July 1 is when you are allowed to buy a pref point correct?
    somewhere in there. You can buy em til like sept
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    im going for a point in WY and buy OTC elk
    Where you going for OTC elk?

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Where you going for OTC elk?
    We are planning for CO

If you are looking for a good outfitter in Colorado check out the Rocking R Ranch.

I am putting in for one of the antelope draw near Casper if anyone wants to join.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I am putting in for one of the antelope draw near Casper if anyone wants to join.
    hope you smoke one. I ate some for first time awhile back and its mighty tasty

Applied for buck and doe antelope, and region C deer. I’ll draw antelope, deer is 50/50.
    Applied in CO for Mzldr Elk. Should know something in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    hope you smoke one. I ate some for first time awhile back and its mighty tasty
    Oh yeah- its delicious.

I am interested in going. I went a few years ago and have three points now. What unit are you considering murraywader?

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    I am interested in going. I went a few years ago and have three points now. What unit are you considering murraywader?
    25/26 100% draw odds.

I have an elk hunt in september and wouldn't be able to go to Wyoming till first week of October. I'm guessing you're planning on antelope hunting in September. If October works, let me know. Does that unit have adequate public land or do you have access to private?

I'm heading back out the first part of Sept. Will be there for about 3 weeks. Will probably go back out in late October for a couple more. We should try and get a meet and greet together for the guys on this site that go out west.

Don’t know what y’all do with meat on your OOS trips, but if you kill an antelope or three out here and are near Wheatland (between Casper and Cheyenne) or you are flying out of Denver, H’s meats will process your kills in two days. The kilbasa and ground sausage is off the freaking chain.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Good to know.
    I dropped off a WY muley and antelope at Gross Meats in Rifle, CO last year before I went elk hunting. Best processing and packaging I’ve ever had. Head and shoulders above anything I’ve ever gotten in S.C. if it wasn’t so far out of the ay I would do it again this year. Hopefully I’ll be driving thru before WY this season. I’ll know Friday, when Co releases their draw results.

Results are out. Drew buck antelope and muley tags. Did not draw doe antelope. I’m surprised I drew the deer tag after burning my points last year, and very surprised I didn’t draw doe antelope first or second choice. Either antelope numbers are way down or applications are way up.Limited access in NE WY might be a zoo this fall.

I saved my points and will buy more when it opens up. If I head out it will be OTC.