Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW and riots

Default CCW and riots

Hypothetically if you are in your car and attacked a group of these rioting idiots at what point do you decide to “defend yourself and your family “.

I am sure this is going to happen before over with, so many of us are CCW folks and while I am not normally in these larger towns I am sure plenty are just out to eat or minding their own business.

Guess good time to invest in dash cam for video evidence

Personally I pray to God I never have to even pull my CCW much less use it but after all that is what it is for and I am sure if some of these worthless POS got it away from you they would not bat an eye about popping a few rounds in the gun owner

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Hypothetically if you are in your car and attacked a group of these rioting idiots at what point do you decide to “defend yourself and your family “.

I am sure this is going to happen before over with, so many of us are CCW folks and while I am not normally in these larger towns I am sure plenty are just out to eat or minding their own business.

Guess good time to invest in dash cam for video evidence

Personally I pray to God I never have to even pull my CCW much less use it but after all that is what it is for and I am sure if some of these worthless POS got it away from you they would not bat an eye about popping a few rounds in the gun owner
    The first time they hit one of my window I will knock all the window out with bullets their asking for a war and maybe it’s time. Fucking shit has to stop
    80-20 Genaration

Hopefully, Swamp Rat will speak to this. I will PM him. The old saying holds true though, I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6...

Im with Dwayne on this one. You touch my car and its on
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

At the point when “I felt my life or family member’s life was in danger”.

If they are trying to bust your glass that’s an attempt to harm you. Glass shards to your eyes.. engine one fd in cola had windows busted out and tools stolen from their truck yesterday. Fd is to under no circumstances engage in communications w any protester. They beat that engine up bad, Tearing up doors and windows.

What if your glass breaks on the first swing? The next swing is a crow bar coming towards your head. In my vehicle I carry 150+ rounds because my family is more important than whoever is trying to cause harm. Will I ever need that many? Doubt it! But I will say experience in bad places w bad people leave me where I am thinking the way I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

They might get me eventually, but the wheel gun will be hot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I’m finishing up a new truck gun build. Hope to sight it in today.

If you choose to go into an area where you know this activity is being perpetrated to eat dinner or under the guise of any other non-official business or capacity and end up shooting one of these idiots, it won’t be looked at as self defense. Not in this racially charged and political climate.

I’m not saying don’t keep your head on a swivel or situational awareness at all.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Guys, I'm not an Attorney, but we need to delete this Thread. This "could" make it Pre-Meditated.

Also, no Dashcam Video. Only one side of a story needs to be told.

Your vehicle falls under the castle doctrine in S.C. when you are in it. Look up the castle doctrine. Part of stand your ground laws. This was explained during my CCW class a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Briar View Post
    Your vehicle falls under the castle doctrine in S.C. when you are in it. Look up the castle doctrine. Part of stand your ground laws. This was explained during my CCW class a few years ago.
    You are correct, however, if you go into an area where you know that these protests/looting/rioting are taking place for a "dinner" or to "shop" carrying a gun and pull it out and shoot someone, then a prosecutor is going to have a field day with your ass. Now, if you are driving into your neighborhood or in an area and are spontaneously attacked through no fault of your own, the CD would apply. The best thing to do is avoid all of these areas unless you have express need to be in one such as a medical worker, LEO, Firefighter, Paramedic etc. In short if you go looking for trouble, you're going to find it and it might be more than you bargained for long term. Watch your back and protect yourself for sure but until you're called up for active duty in these areas, just stay away.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You are correct, however, if you go into an area where you know that these protests/looting/rioting are taking place for a "dinner" or to "shop" carrying a gun and pull it out and shoot someone, then a prosecutor is going to have a field day with your ass. Now, if you are driving into your neighborhood or in an area and are spontaneously attacked through no fault of your own, the CD would apply. The best thing to do is avoid all of these areas unless you have express need to be in one such as a medical worker, LEO, Firefighter, Paramedic etc. In short if you go looking for trouble, you're going to find it and it might be more than you bargained for long term. Watch your back and protect yourself for sure but until you're called up for active duty in these areas, just stay away.
    Why is this not considered common frickin' sense? I have a CWP and a car, but I can guarantee you the only way I'll run into any of this is if they come in my yard.

SD, I agree, and though it's your right to do so, don't go being billy bad ass wearing a MAGA hat to a BLM riot and not expect an unfavorable reaction.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Through a flaming bag onto of your car and drive on!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I didn’t say go looking for trouble but if you find your self in this situation leave chalk outlines.
    Last edited by Briar; 05-31-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Why is this not considered common frickin' sense? I have a CWP and a car, but I can guarantee you the only way I'll run into any of this is if they come in my yard.
    It IS for most in here B.B. and Salty. But yesterday I left at dark to go to NC to trout fish. I returned through downtown Greenville mid day on the way home. Protestors chanting and holding signs on all corners at light I got stopped at on Main St. with ALL the people that intersection was tight and not a policeman in sight, thta I could see. And I was NOT happy at all to be there. My head was on a swivel and windows up. But I had no idea a demonstration was planned yesterday. I drove on through on the green. But that could have turned to a shit show for me in an instant and I wasn’t looking for trouble, just trying to drive home.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I have seen several people ask the question if they would be within the law if they were to shoot. That is the problem. A DA will tear that apart. If you fear for your safety or families safety you would not be asking where you stand on legality.
    Last edited by Briar; 05-31-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    It IS for most in here B.B. and Salty. But yesterday I left at dark to go to NC to trout fish. I returned through downtown Greenville mid day on the way home. Protestors chanting and holding signs on all corners at light I got stopped at on Main St. with ALL the people that intersection was tight and not a policeman in sight, thta I could see. And I was NOT happy at all to be there. My head was on a swivel and windows up. But I had no idea a demonstration was planned yesterday. I drove on through on the green. But that could have turned to a shit show for me in an instant and I wasn’t looking for trouble, just trying to drive home.
    Same here. Took the family camping with no cell service. Came home to this shitshow. You people cannot be left alone for 3 days? Luckily I bypassed downtown because I was pulling camper.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 05-31-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Keep some protest posters in your car, jump out and join in. All kinds welcome.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams