Thread: Alumacraft Boats

Default Alumacraft Boats

Does anyone have an opinion on Alumacraft boats as far as build quality, ride quality, or anything else. Specifically looking at a 165.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I had a riveted one with a 25hp Johnson on it. Got caught coming down the Waccamaw in a storm from the Fingers to Hagley one day. I was hugging the bank because everyone else in big boats was hell bent in the middle. That boat twisted and flexed all the way home. I got it on the trailer and there must have been 15gallons of water in it. None of the rivets popped and nothing bent but I sold that boat not long afterwards, it didn't belong here.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The 165 is a welded boat. It's basically an aluminum bass boat. I would not buy a riveted boat.
    Last edited by MKW; 05-30-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I’ve got a waterfowler 15 with a 25 on the back. No real complaints on it. Sometimes just wish it was bigger to carry more but that says nothing to the build.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    The 165 is a welded boat. It's basically an aluminum bass boat. I would not buy a riveted boat.
    Me either, I had bought that boat when living in the upstate cheap. It was fine for close to shore on lakes and calmer water but not here, learned my lesson. I'm sure the welded is a completely different animal.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have a 165 MDV side console. I’ve got no complaints about it. I’ve had it going on 3 years now and take it in rocks, stumps, open water etc. it has done everything I have needed it to do, very sturdy. Main use is hunting, and plenty of storage and room even with a side console. Have had a 40 on it and a 60 on it and both push it very well. 40 pushed it low 30mphs, 60 is a Bigfoot Mercury so it’s on the slower end and only hits mid 30s but will push a load of a few people mid 30s as well. Great boat I’ve got no complaints.
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 05-30-2020 at 01:35 PM.

I have a 1860 bay CC and really like it. 90 pushes it low 40s. Seems to be built well.

So, that’s where the buckshot came from.

Yep. The khaki gun case right there is the culprit

My old 14' alumacraft would flex like hell, but I was abusing it in ways it really wasn't made to withstand, so there's that. Once they went all welded the late models ones I've seen seem to hold up just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I love my 1860 center console, all welded.
    Lakes, rivers, swamp, marsh, inlet sandbars, etc.
    Has caught more trout, reds and flounder than you would believe.
    Boat Pic.jpg
    Console electronics.jpg
    Yeti.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-02-2020 at 10:22 PM.