Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubberhead's 2020 WTBD Activity Almanac...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Put on some face camo asap- your luck will change- mud works wonders
    Ha. They have nets they put on over their face

Reel- y’all hunting thru the weekend? It’s gonna get better each day imo...
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    Reel- y’all hunting thru the weekend? It’s gonna get better each day imo...
    Hunting through Sunday night. Been here since Monday. I agree it’s going to get better.

If the wind lays, I'd hunt tomorrow evening through Sunday. If it doesn't lay, hunt Saturday am until you cant take it no mo.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

They were moving in walterboro this evening. Saw 11 from 4:15 to dark.

They moved in Kershaw. A stud was killed at 12:30. A nice ten was killed at 4:45. Another 8 point died at 5:30. Everyone saw deer.

Don't know if Wyoming figures into your equation...don't see why it wouldn't. Big Bucks on their feet well in daylight hours on Sept. 9, Oct 13, and October 18. September 9 may have just been due to the ridiculously early cold snap and 7inch snow here on Sept. 8. Still in summer feeding pattern and the snow had them frisky. Otherwise, your model has been spot on. Hope this helps you continue to dial it in.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

We hunted hard and zero deer were seen.

We have an over abundance of white oak acorns on the ground and I really think that played into our deer not having to move much.

We've hunted a power line, food plots, white oaks, and transition area on a ridge headed to the white oaks and never laid eyes on a single deer.

Has anyone noticed morning being better than the evening over the weekend?
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Haha - Dad says my chart is crap...He never tries to predict what deer are going to do but he's keenly tuned in to what they are doing at any given moment.

My son, nephew, and a couple of other guys including dad all had the same story - "I saw a spike/4-point/6-point/young buck chasing does"...

Dad's interpretation was this - these "young bucks" are chasing does because of their hormones not because of the does' hormones. Older bucks are not "bubbling over" with hormones and/or know to not waste their energy chasing non-ready does. He's thinking the next moon cycle (full in two weeks) that the mature bucks will start their "buck walks" and begin covering ground and walking perpendicular to the wind.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I noticed the morning being better and the shots heard supported that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    We hunted hard and zero deer were seen.

We have an over abundance of white oak acorns on the ground and I really think that played into our deer not having to move much.

We've hunted a power line, food plots, white oaks, and transition area on a ridge headed to the white oaks and never laid eyes on a single deer.

Has anyone noticed morning being better than the evening over the weekend?
    Last edited by Smilee; 10-19-2020 at 08:19 AM.

anthropomorphism
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post

Dad's interpretation was this - these "young bucks" are chasing does because of their hormones not because of the does' hormones. Older bucks are not "bubbling over" with hormones and/or know to not waste their energy chasing non-ready does. He's thinking the next moon cycle (full in two weeks) that the mature bucks will start their "buck walks" and begin covering ground and walking perpendicular to the wind.
    Hes right. As someone who hunts every day the past 7 days have been the worst hunting I've seen all year, morning and evening has been little buck after little buck.

Both these post make me feel a little better about our struggles this weekend then.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Was slow in Newberry county this weekend.

Saturday was decent. Did manage to mash a few doe with my oldest son Saturday in a clear cut. Didn’t see any deer until after 9 am on Saturday.
    Had a group of six doe feed on corn Saturday evening around 6 pm. These were both very low pressure spots reserved for kid hunting.

Hunted solo yesterday in white oaks that were steady dropping. I could see 4 fresh rubs from the climber. Didn’t see anything.
    Last edited by britton40; 10-19-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Slow in my part of the world. Saw one doe eating acorns.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Any chance you are doing this again this year? I need to plan my October vacation
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt