Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whole home wireless (mesh) routers

Ubiquiti and really show the family who's boss when you start cutting off internet access to their stuff from your phone.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Ubiquiti and really show the family who's boss when you start cutting off internet access to their stuff from your phone.
    You can do that with the FING app as well for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    And with eero

Eero will be here Sunday.
    Thanks for the input.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Thanks for the input.
    Always glad to help

Right after I sent it, I was like "ahhhhh hell...."

I run a mesh network here at the house with three Eeros. No problems, often with two TV's streaming and other devices surfing. Only issue is one of the cats chewed through the AC adaptor cord on one and I can't find where Eero sells just the AC adaptor.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Thanks for the input.
    I hope you are making Hayden pay for it as part of his business expenses. I'm sure it was working just fine until he started entrepreneuring up in your house and whatnot.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

He learned to poor mouth from his mama....so I'm likely not getting far on that front...

SM, I have been going round and round with Spectrum for years. Everytime they fix something. This time two new boxes, I think they are their VCR boxes. Supposedly all else was good.

2 or 3 weeks ago we had to have 3 visits by different folks. We had poor reception and the system was quickly overloaded. We were given excuses about folks working at home because of the virus, our house is old with thick walls and lead paint, the chimney is in the way(I believe). Anyway, the 3rd man suggested an Orbi. Plug and play.

I believed him. Got an Orbi and couldn't set it up. Believe it or not, it was not because of my lack of abilities. We got an outfit to send some folks over. Ends up our modem was shot. Highest speed was 31 with 3 out of 4 ports fried. Spectrum had said our wifi and modem were good.

Got a new modem from Spectrum. Called the guys back. The Orbi is installed with 2 satellites. 110-111 mgbs. The damn thing flies now. Downloads finished the day before you start,

I did not get the Orbi modem. Just the modem add on. Bought from Amazon.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Buddy if mine, who is not tech savvy AT ALL, got the google pucks and was impressed on how was it was to set up. Now he has wifi coverage everywhere he needs it.

I need to get a couple of these myself. Got a couple corners of the house that wifi is a struggle. Not critical but it sure would be nice to have it when I needed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

We ended up getting the EERO and couldn’t be more pleased. Totally fixed the problem. We can stream anywhere in the house or my shop. Took 10min to set up.

How far away from the house is your shop? I’m needing to get this going at my place as well. My shop is ~90-100 ft from the house. Thanks for the update on this.

It’s about the same between the closest router pod and the iPod I use for streaming music in the shop.

I gotcha. So you didn’t put one of the wireless “beacons” in your shop?