View Poll Results: If I want more power in a center console, should I...

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy a used motor of desire HP and sell my current motor

5 25.00%
  • sell my current rig as a package, then buy a rig with the HP that I desire

7 35.00%
  • learn to live with the current boat performance.

1 5.00%
  • keep current boat through this season and use the off season to look for new power and or rig.

7 35.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Sell Rig as Package or Repower for more HP?

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I choose D: none of the above. If MPH and range are not prime factors, the solution to the performance difference you're looking for might be in a new prop. I think you'd be best suited in finding a good 4 blade prop to handle the extra weight before going through the hassle of repowering or moving a rig then shopping for a new one. Finding said prop can be a bit of a science experiment. Call Mike down at Skip's Prop Shop in North Charleston. He could prolly set ya right up and reduce your learning curve.

You just gotta decide how much time and effort you want to put in to this project. If you just really want a new to you motor, a new prop isn't gonna scratch that itch. If you want to get to the root of the problem without spending a ton of money and the hassle and time invested in selling/buying boats, then a little experimentation with props might be your best bet. Often time the right prop can make ALL the difference.
    I agree 100% my thoughts exactly even before I read this post - willyworm saved me a lot of typing.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

For those that were following, I went with option B and the entire rig is up for sale on the TP. I would split it up if someone wanted hull or motor provided I could get the other half sold too. Thanks for all of the input, believe it or not, it change my mind. I was completely prepared to drive all over hell and half of Georgia to by a used motor and sell mine. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero