Thread: David Harris Jr. on George Floyd Death

Default David Harris Jr. on George Floyd Death

Wife sent me this video David Harris Jr. put out on George Floyd's death. If you are white (which is 99% of the people on this site), you need to take seven minutes and watch it. Whether you agree with it or not, think it is real or not, justified or not, there is a major rift between the black community and the law enforcement community in America and what they are feeling is real (whether you think it is or isn't). Try and put your preconceived notions away for a minute and just listen to his perspective and the pain he feels about this incident. I think it would do a lot of people a lot of good if we could just listen to each other more often.

Formerly DM88

I feel the same way as David Harris Jr. 100%. I will say, as a white man, I don’t trust law enforcement either. I feel uneasy when I am approached by law enforcement. I’ve been treated like shit by them before and a great deal of them are assholes. I worry this could happen to anybody, anytime.

The problem with him begging is so many people who are high and or not right say the same thing in order to get out of police custody.

Remember. He RESISTED ARREST!!!!! It wasn't like he was complying with the request of the officer. Listen to the officers. You will not end up on the ground.

People lie and make up stuff all the time in order to get out from the cops, so they can turn and hurt the cops. Fight or Flight.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    The problem with him begging is so many people who are high and or not right say the same thing in order to get out of police custody.

Remember. He RESISTED ARREST!!!!! It wasn't like he was complying with the request of the officer. Listen to the officers. You will not end up on the ground.

People lie and make up stuff all the time in order to get out from the cops, so they can turn and hurt the cops. Fight or Flight.
    Wow
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post

Regardless of whether he resisted arrest or not, there was zero need to pin his head to the ground with a 200# man's force on his neck for 9 minutes. There was zero reason one of the other officers shouldn't have stepped in and stopped it. There was zero reason that once he started saying he couldn't breath or it was hurting, he wasn't repositioned and put in a squad car. There was zero reason for any of that sort of action for something like writing bad paper. George Floyd was murdered by the very people that are supposed to hold themselves to a higher standard and protect and serve. The man was cuffed and restrained, I doubt he was going to Houdini himself out of the cuffs, grab a gun and kill those cops. I don't give a shit what color your skin is, that was 10000000000% wrong. Damn right the protests are justified, the looting and rioting are not.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Read my post.

There are facts emerging that explain why all of it happened.

Just like there always is.

The media narrative they want us to hear isn't what necessarily happened.

There was a reason he was on the ground. Remember up until 2 days ago we were all into protective masks and getting the virus.

Mr Floyd needed to be withstrianed and put in a position he could not potentially spread the contagion he was claiming he had. This is why they had him pinned. He was hacking and spitting claiming he had the corona virus.

From the different videos Mr Floyds behavior becomes more and more erratic as the time goes by.

There is chatter he like many other illicit drug users when approached by cops swallowed the drugs.

This would account for his behavior deteriorating.

It also could explain him dying.

Because he was not strangled nor did he have any signs of traumatic asphyxia according to the autopsy.

But we haven't heard about that part. You have to go look for it.

I'm not ready to condemn the cop and burn the city quite yet.

We have a system. It isn't perfect but no system is. But lets let it play out.

There is enough evidence (or people wanting to pacify the mob) to arrest the cop and charge him. Lets let the FBI collect the evidence and lets let the rule of law take over rather than the rule of the mob.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot