Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests in US after handcuffed black man dies...

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    That sounds cool and all, but I’d rather not have 4 magazines emptied on me, get hit with a couple of bullets, and die for someone I don’t know.

Family, maybe some friends, yeah ...
    They won't defend your rights, like they swore to do, but you also aren't allowed to defend your rights when the protectors and servers violate them.

That's some catch, that Catch 22.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    This country will not be destroyed by an invading army from another country, but by its own people.
    Almost like it was designed that way isn't it?

https://twitter.com/jonasearthh/stat...546280448?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One invader shot and killed by a merchant legally defending his property ... ( so far)..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I'd like to hear the "protesters" explain the correlation between police brutality and stolen 4K TV's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I’m 100% in agreement with the protest, but 100% against the looting. Too bad the bad apples are portraying the protestors in a bad light. If the looting wasn’t going on, the whole nation would be behind the protest!

The protestors need a way to regulate themselves and keep dumb asses from looting and distracting from the intent of the protest.
    Kind of like the cops need a way to regulate themselves and keep dumb asses from murdering someone.

I would imagine that there were a lot of procedural changes after the Rodney King beating. Would there have been as much if not for the subsequent riots? Probably not. I'm not saying that this was necessarily a racial issue, (again, same thing just happened to a white guy in Florida) but either way, this kind of thing is unacceptable and the more this city and others suffers for it, the more they will be motivated to avoid similar episodes in the future, imo.

People telling other people who have suffered something they themselves haven't whats an acceptable way to react to said situation is the height of obliviousness.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I’m 100% in agreement with the protest, but 100% against the looting. Too bad the bad apples are portraying the protestors in a bad light. If the looting wasn’t going on, the whole nation would be behind the protest!

The protestors need a way to regulate themselves and keep dumb asses from looting and distracting from the intent of the protest.
    Are you for setting fires , man being shot, which is worse than the looting? There no such thing as peaceful protesting when something like this happens. I don't think they are capable of a peaceful protest. The incident should have never happened, the police overstepped their bounds and now hopefully will pay the price .

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    These pics don't even look like the USofA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-Floyd.html

I find it odd that the "protesters" chose Minnehaha Lake Wine and Spirits, yet did not attack the Police Third Precinct office RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. Now, had they used the wine and spirits to use as Molotov Cocktails for the police department, that may have made sense. But alas, that did not happen.

And the guy that got shot was over a mile away at the pawn shop.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'd like to hear the "protesters" explain the correlation between police brutality and stolen 4K TV's.
    this
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

they chose the precinct. which is next to the target and likker store.

I lived in Mpls/St Paul for two years. Its interesting to me to see some "racial tension" in that area. Granted, i was there 25 years ago but the minority in town was Hmong, not African American.

I dont like ANY of this. The looting makes it even worse. There is something I cant quite explain about this situation in terms of reaction, timing, etc.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

And then Richland School District 1 sends this homework out...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    they chose the precinct. which is next to the target and likker store.

I lived in Mpls/St Paul for two years. Its interesting to me to see some "racial tension" in that area. Granted, i was there 25 years ago but the minority in town was Hmong, not African American.

I dont like ANY of this. The looting makes it even worse. There is something I cant quite explain about this situation in terms of reaction, timing, etc.

The Lutherans moved half of Somalia in after you left...

it sickens me to see the giggles while looting. they dont give a shit about george floyd.

I'm sorry, but if I were a black man, I would stop all that looting. Too bad the only pic is the "heavily armed rednecks" but they are right in this instance.

thumb_so-two-wongs-can-make-awhite-but-this-is-not-24674400.png

thats racist

it sickens me to see the giggles while looting. they dont give a shit about george floyd.

I'm sorry, but if I were a black man, I would stop all that looting. Too bad the only pic is the "heavily armed rednecks" but they are right in this instance.
    ...and focus on the black-on-black crime, which make stories like this pale in comparison. No pun intended.

haha. I would do my best to stop the mob mentality that broke out. I'm sorry but this, in no way, helps the african american cause.

i guess I just cant take someone serious who is protesting a brutal situation involving a cop killing a defenseless black man but oh look at that big TV over there....

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    ...and focus on the black-on-black crime, which make stories like this pale in comparison. No pun intended.
    You mean like the shooting in Bowman Monday night that left 3 dead and 5 in the hospital? Havent heard much about it............

https://twitter.com/realcandaceo/sta...205029376?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk