Thread: Job post

Default Job post

I am looking for dispatch manager for a diesel fleet maintenance company. Needs to be honest, reliable with good communication skills. Needs to have a good understanding of mechanical problems.
    The job is in Lexington. 43,600K annually with vacation and 401. You can reach me at 803-609-4867 or promobilesc@yahoo.com
    Thank you, Derek.

How much vacation time do you offer? Can I start out as a supervisor? And if I do get hired can I start my vacation now?

30 million unemployed in the US and no takers! In all seriousness this is a good opportunity for a good ambitious person that wants to work for a good company that cares about its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    30 million unemployed in the US and no takers! In all seriousness this is a good opportunity for a good ambitious person that wants to work for a good company that cares about its employees.
    Has that extra $600/wk or whatever it was run out yet? If not those collecting it aren’t going back to work any time soon.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Derek is good people, and from what he has told me about his business, its a good place to work. I'd be interested if it was in my range.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

It’s not easy. I’ve been looking for an assistant manager position in Mauldin ($35k / year plus benefits and vacation) and no takers... I would have thought the Tri County Tech grads would have been all over this job.
    Last edited by Palmetto Pride; 05-26-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

$16-17 per hour is not going to attract many tech grads these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no dog in this fight but this is SCDucks so what the heck. Being self-employed, I wouldn't know about salaries, benefits or vacation days if they hit me in the face. Do y'all think that $35k or $46,300 plus benefits is enough to attract the quality of candidates you are wanting? I think I would have a tough time going to get a two year degree to make $35k but again, I have no experience in that realm. Would y'all do the work you are asking of those positions for the salary offered?
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    I have no dog in this fight but this is SCDucks so what the heck. Being self-employed, I wouldn't know about salaries, benefits or vacation days if they hit me in the face. Do y'all think that $35k or $46,300 plus benefits is enough to attract the quality of candidates you are wanting? I think I would have a tough time going to get a two year degree to make $35k but again, I have no experience in that realm. Would y'all do the work you are asking of those positions for the salary offered?
    There are plenty of companies that are behind times when it comes to pay scale... and I'll just leave it at that.

FWIW I'm not calling out anyone on this site or in this thread. I'm just stating facts based on experience.

35k is pretty low but I would think you could find a taker at 46k with the benefits described.

I listed a job offering for my Locksmith business in West Columbia a few years ago offering $50,000.00 and up for an experienced locksmith/safe technician. I only received one call and his first question was "Do I need any experience for this job?". My answer was "No, I just need someone with reading comprehension." He replied "What's that?" I replied "It ain't you" and hung up on him.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

I think this is a fair question. However, would be difficult to determine with the information provided since we only have half of the equation, salary and benefits. We'd need to understand the overall expectations for the roles, time/resource commitment required outside normal working hours, opportunities for future growth etc. Overall, the market dictates. Sure, there are inefficiencies in every market/scenario but overall the market will drive the cost, price or value of something barring any outside intervention (like $1,000wk unemployment for example).

This is not pointed at any of you directly but just an observation. I've seen many employers make cost based business decisions rather than value based decisions without understanding the difference. This applies to hiring and employees as well.

Which is the better deal:
    A. A 40k/year employee that cost you an extra 15k-20k in inefficiencies and lost revenue that you will never even notice. No manager/owner likes to admit to this because "I know my business/people" but the reality is if you're micro-managing to this degree you either hired the wrong person to begin with or you never actually needed them.

B. A 60k/year employee that tries to find savings in either a better or more efficient process or even helps grow the business and its reputation.

One is cost based, one is value based, and neither have anything to do with the employee or prospective employees. It's on the owners/managers to define the strategy and understand the market.

To be clear, cost based decisions have their place, even in hiring. There is nothing wrong with that. There just needs to be an understanding of the strategy that is right for your business or situation.
    Last edited by natec duck; 05-26-2020 at 02:52 PM.

This is an opportunity for someone that is maybe working in a repair shop and would like to get some management / office experience under their belt. I have 19 employees ranging from 35 to 100K so there is plenty of room for growth. A smart, motivated individual that wants to help a business grow is always an asset that I'm willing to pay for.

Good deal

Good deal. Best of luck with your search.

Good on ya teal. Thankfully I currently know no one that has been let go in all this mess.
    cut\'em