Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chainsaws

Send you a PM, Gander

He's not looking for passion he's looking for a chainsaw. Come on man
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have three old huskys. I’m hard as hell on my stuff, and I can’t kill them . I bought my first one right out of college 15 years ago, and inherited my other two from my late FIL. I don’t run them often, but I have put some hard miles on them and they’ve been great. Can’t speak to the new ones.

Older model husqvarna (240 I think) are un stoppable. I have 2 and love them. Got a newer 271 Stihl that knows nothing but cut. I like them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Check vent on gas tank and spark arrestor in muffler
    Last edited by Red Huck; 05-27-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Everything made by Husqi I've ever had or used has been junk. The loggers I was friends with in MT wouldn't have anything to do with Husqis. I've loved every Stihl I've owned and used. The saws you have to "know" and the choke/ pull sequence. I bought an 029 Farm Boss from the late 80's/ early 90's that still runs hard like a new saw. Paid $50 from the pawn shop, cause the guy said it was leaking gas everywhere. $3 hose replacement and hasn't skipped a beat since.

Stihl
    I would like to try one of the Milwaukee battery powered saws but have not yet.

Agree on getting them from a dealer. But I went to Sparrow and Kennedy in Lexington yesterday to look at getting started on a Stihl Kombi system. There was one other customer in the store, with one salesperson dealing with him (limit of three customers allowed in store). Plenty of other staff in the store. I kind of gauge how much I want to work with a dealer based on whether they at least make an attempt to talk to me. They didn't seem so inclined. Even after the other customer left. Probably looking for another Stihl dealer now. (They didn't have the Kombi head unit or brush cutter I wanted in stock anyway, but I was already in a bad mood and that kind of set my tone).
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 05-30-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

A Husqvarna is not a “husky” or a “husqi”
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Agree on getting them from a dealer. But I went to Sparrow and Kennedy in Lexington yesterday to look at getting started on a Stihl Kombi system. There was one other customer in the store, with one salesperson dealing with him (limit of three customers allowed in store). Plenty of other staff in the store. I kind of gauge how much I want to work with a dealer based on whether they at least make an attempt to talk to me. They didn't seem so inclined. Even after the other customer left. Probably looking for another Stihl dealer now. (They didn't have the Kombi head unit or brush cutter I wanted in stock anyway, but I was already in a bad mood and that kind of set my tone).
    Try Andrews small engine in sumter if you get this way. He has been selling stihls since I was a baby
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Stihl Farm Boss.

Do work.
    No joke. Had a Stihl 041 Farm Boss back in the day that was SOLID. Somebody stole it out of my truck in Charleston when I was doing post-Hugo cleanup at my brothers house. Asses.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    We deal with dukes and A2Z small engine shops with work. I always use the A2Z because they are on our side of the lake.
    Probably who I will deal with - Wanted to use Sparrow and Kennedy as they are closer to me now that I've moved nearer to town, but I have done a lot of business with A2Z. May drive over shortly if they are open.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Try Andrews small engine in sumter if you get this way. He has been selling stihls since I was a baby
    Thanks for the lead. Trying to stay closer to Lexington.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Wateree Trailer is a Stihl dealer and are great folks to work with. I prefer Stihl solely because of Wateree Trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Service has gone down tremendously there. A2Z back towards where you used to live is also a Stihl dealer. I have had better service there.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Service has gone down tremendously there. A2Z back towards where you used to live is also a Stihl dealer. I have had better service there.

Oops.....posted this before reading the rest of thread and saw where you are already in the know with A2Z small engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Wateree Trailer is a Stihl dealer and are great folks to work with. I prefer Stihl solely because of Wateree Trailer.
    Same here

Ace Hardware at Horrell Hill is in the same category as Wateree Trailer
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Best thing husqvarna made was dirt bikes back in the day.

They started off making rifles
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Took the Husqvarna back today. Will be getting a Stihl now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    They started off making rifles
    That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    That should tell you something.
    Just tells me the history of the company, No one was making chainsaws in the 1700s
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...