Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coronavirus Fine

fwiw, IOP public parking was no different than ever on the main drag.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    ‘Meric..., whoops.

No need to get upset, just another inch of freedom being taken away. You could always go live in the mountains or on some ranch in Idaho, but it will only delay the inevitable. I wonder if I’ll still be around when this nation finally hits the wall.
    Yep, I've had similar thoughts on the ranch in Idaho thing for several years now but came to the same conclusion about delaying the inevitable.

I think one of the only benefits of this type of thing is that it wakes up people who would otherwise be asleep or apathetic to overreach of government. As we were leaving the beach, the lady staying in the house behind us came out irate and asked if they ticketed us. I confirmed they did and she immediately went off on it being nothing more than a money hungry, power grab. She said it was her friend's house but if the homeowner's knew what was going on they would be pissed. Was interesting to hear a 60-65ish year old woman from New Jersey (assuming from their license plates) go off on such a rant.

I'd sooner die than pay that fine.

Fuck 'em.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by natec duck View Post
    Yep, I've had similar thoughts on the ranch in Idaho thing for several years now but came to the same conclusion about delaying the inevitable.

I think one of the only benefits of this type of thing is that it wakes up people who would otherwise be asleep or apathetic to overreach of government. As we were leaving the beach, the lady staying in the house behind us came out irate and asked if they ticketed us. I confirmed they did and she immediately went off on it being nothing more than a money hungry, power grab. She said it was her friend's house but if the homeowner's knew what was going on they would be pissed. Was interesting to hear a 60-65ish year old woman from New Jersey (assuming from their license plates) go off on such a rant.
    New jersey people are always ranting about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i think its interesting she said "MY beach"

it aint her beach. its ours.
    That is what caught my eye. This reveals she has no idea that works for the people not a ruler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another reason I prefer the mountains. 2/3 of the Po'leese ain't climbing those hills to harass folks.

So what is everyone going to do about it? Pay the fine and not do it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    So what is everyone going to do about it? Pay the fine and not do it again?
    I’d spend the weekend in jail before I paid that bullshit! But I’m a hardheaded SOB.

IOP had chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and people everywhere. No issues. Cops were out walking the beach but I never saw them say anything to anyone. Most of the time the cops were in "groups" themselves. It seemed like they were using the corona as an excuse to look at booty more than anything.
    IOP even had patrol cars riding the beach.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!