Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any of you farm experts or others tell me how to get this sucker out

Wolseley Industrial Group in Simpsonville

Torch it off. Your gonna throw it in the trash anyways. It’ll take more time to roll the torch over to it than to torch it off.

Serious question, what adjustments could have been made to prevent that?

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Sway bars or chains. It comes from turning with the 3pt down and over torquing the holding pin. You have to create a tight connection with little to no sway.

In 33 years, I’ve never seen one break the actual hitch pin though. I’m guessing there was a stress crack there or something. Usually it breaks the locking pin which can be prevented as stated above and with spacers or washers to distribute the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Ive been around heavy equipment for the past 22 years and have seen some crazy things break that you could not figure out how it happened. Nothing could get broken in a more messed up way than if Uncle Trad (Rhett) was on a tractor.

I give you exhibit A
    Attachment 37562
    That man cost a few of us $$$ every time he touch a piece of heavy machinery. Granted his love to run them and to help out weighed it.

**2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'd let you borrow my biceps, but they'll be in use as soon as this rain stops.
    Really disappointed you don't refer to them as your guns... in the third person

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    Sway bars or chains. It comes from turning with the 3pt down and over torquing the holding pin. You have to create a tight connection with little to no sway.

In 33 years, I’ve never seen one break the actual hitch pin though. I’m guessing there was a stress crack there or something. Usually it breaks the locking pin which can be prevented as stated above and with spacers or washers to distribute the pressure.

I agree. Have never seen on of this break. This tractor/bush hog is used mostly for hunting club stuff so it does a lot of tight turns. Not my tractor but best friends and his 2 teen boys cut with it all the time, in fact they were out at farm shooting skeet while I was cutting . Older bush hog and looks like the only original pin/bolt on it . Can tell rest of them have been replaced He has an impact wrench and we going to try that today after work but I just do not see that working because entire pin/bolt spins .

why waste time unscrewing it? cut that bitch off
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    why waste time unscrewing it? cut that bitch off
    The flanged edge makes it hard without a cutting torch. It is easier on the threaded side. It takes a 15/16s wrench, if it can be turned,...,most can't.

A pipe wrench or two, a good 15/16 wrench, and a cheater bar would my 1st attempt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-27-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    We have built THOUSANDS of hen houses for the Flyway Foundation this way. The very first workday, I saw folks cutting that 1x2" welded wire with side cutters. NOPE - not again. That was the last workday we did it that way. Side grinders and cutoff wheels have been used ever since.
    Whatever happened to the hen house building days? Those were pretty enjoyable, wouldn't mind doing something like that again
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I did all kinds of work with the hen houses a couple years ago.. I mean cutting things, stuffing, along with cooking, and general supervision with 2th.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I did all kinds of work with the hen houses a couple years ago.. I mean cutting things, stuffing, along with cooking, and general supervision with 2th.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Looks like to me the lift arm was probably sliding back and forth on that pin and finally hit the clip pin hard enough or enough to break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

see.. slicing s*** up and doing work

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    A pipe wrench or two, a good 15/16 wrench, and a cheater bar would my 1st attempt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

BIG pipe wrench was the trick, my buddy broke it free with that . Was able to get pipe wrench on it and it was long enough to wedge it so it did not move

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Looks like to me the lift arm was probably sliding back and forth on that pin and finally hit the clip pin hard enough or enough to break it.
    Kind of what I figured happened as well
    Last edited by tprice; 05-27-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Dang... guess you don't have a 'stump jumper' pan under the blades?
    But I do... Problem is, they don't work if you don't carry the bush hog right. I reminded myself that I tore up a bunch of stuff learning, as well.

Good point, Slaya. Fortunately I've also got a slip-clutch on my main one.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Me, too, plus a shear bolt for good measure. Need me to lend you the boy, and he can show you how to not run that thing correctly? LMAO. Mine is green, which may be part of the issue, also - they ain't what they used to be.