Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any of you farm experts or others tell me how to get this sucker out

Default Any of you farm experts or others tell me how to get this sucker out

Thought I was going to get a good day in bush hogging around Son in Law’s grown up pond. Had one small burp early and was making progress when at first I thought I lost a pin on the 3pt hitch and bush hog came loose

After looking at it the attachment bolt on the bushhogg broke right where pin goes through. Did not have a big enough wrench so went to local hardware store and got what I needed and then to TS for the bolt and more of those clip pins

This one has a flange on it instead of threaded on both ends and been on there so long I could not get bolt free. Even had SIL with big set of vice grips and no way to hold it . My dumb ass did not think to pick up can of PB blaster to see if that would help

Finally gave up and unhooked tractor and put it up

Only thing I can come up with is either a torch to heat it up or take a generator and side grinder and cut off

85FBA94D-7D19-4EA3-A619-398E8E5920DF.jpg

porta-band would be my tool of choice

A big a pipe wrench...but if you have access to a torch I’d cut it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Side grinder with cutting wheel. Cut at the base and knock out the rest. Replace. It’ll be gone in 10 minutes.

Sounds like you have my kind of luck doing tractor work. I deal with stupid shit like that on the regular with my old equipment.

I'd have to shut my place down if I didn't have a side grinder.

BTW, I recently made a discovery. If you are cutting hardware cloth, instead of using tin snips or any other hand tool, try the side grinder with a 1/16 cutoff wheel. It wisps through it like butter and cuts the spiky end wires off.

2 pipe wrenches, your wife and daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'd have to shut my place down if I didn't have a side grinder.

BTW, I recently made a discovery. If you are cutting hardware cloth, instead of using tin snips or any other hand tool, try the side grinder with a 1/16 cutoff wheel. It wisps through it like butter and cuts the spiky end wires off.
    We have built THOUSANDS of hen houses for the Flyway Foundation this way. The very first workday, I saw folks cutting that 1x2" welded wire with side cutters. NOPE - not again. That was the last workday we did it that way. Side grinders and cutoff wheels have been used ever since.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

What's a Flyway Foundation and is there a vaccine?

Hit the sum bitch with a sledge hammer and quit making shit difficult.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve moved things with an air hammer that nothing else would touch.. if you add heat with the air hammer and it doesn’t move just cut it out with the torch and try not to damage too much.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Hit the sum bitch with a sledge hammer and quit making shit difficult.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. This ain’t rocket science.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Generators are for power outages now.

looks to me that you shouldn't be allowed to operate that tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I’d like to know where those Lynch pins came from that are strong enough to break the hitch pin and not break themselves!

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

A wrench on the nut and a pipe wrench on the shaft with a pipe. Axe me how I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    A wrench on the nut and a pipe wrench on the shaft with a pipe. Axe me how I know.
    This^^^^

And if the nut turns a few times and then locks up, go with the ban saw or side grinder. A cutting torch will do it quick if you have access to one.

I'd let you borrow my biceps, but they'll be in use as soon as this rain stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I’d like to know where those Lynch pins came from that are strong enough to break the hitch pin and not break themselves!

Kinda my thoughts too.

I wont bash on you. If you stay on a tractor long enough pulling attachments you're gonna mess something up. Although, it looks like that could have been prevented with some adjustments.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Oh and Tprice.. Aerokroil. You'll throw that PB blaster away.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?