Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing masks in SC

Default Wearing masks in SC

should we have this printed on business cards?

SECTION 16-7-110. Wearing masks and the like.

No person over sixteen years of age shall appear or enter upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, public way or highway of this State or upon the public property of the State or of any municipality or county in this State while wearing a mask or other device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person demand entrance or admission to or enter upon the premises or into the enclosure or house of any other person while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person, while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity, participate in any meeting or demonstration upon the private property of another unless he shall have first obtained the written permission of the owner and the occupant of such property.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-114; 1952 Code Section 16-114; 1951 (47) 132.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c007.php
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

We were in 1 of the schools working Friday and after being there all day, the custodian told us we needed masks on. Nevermind the fact that she was wearing a bandana improperly.
    We went to the mall Saturday and there were stores that would not allow you in without a mask. And the woman at the door saying so had her mask on up to but not covering her nose. So we didn't go into those stores.

That only pertains to:

The Lone Ranger
    Batman
    Flash
    Aquaman
    Mr. Incredible
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’m in Florida for the week.

I’d say less than 1% of people are wearing masks, including waiters/waitress. Also a ton of boats out.

Who in this site had actually worn a mask and was it voluntary or mandated?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Most of the people I see wearing masks properly are in their cars alone. Probably 90%of the people in public I've seen wearing them have them covering their chins with their nose and mouth exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I do. I go very few places where I have to go inside......but with a mask on people get out of your way in a hurry.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Had to wear one everywhere last weekend in Baltimore, I wore a white mask with “Whatever Happened To Freedom?” written on it. That’s the only time I’ve worn one other than work where I have to be exposed to the virus.

I’ve been surprised my certain people I know and their decisions related to this virus.

I feel pretty bad for my grandparents really. They are both 80 and in good health for their age but they have not been in public since March and based on the way to hey we’re talking just this evening I don’t know that they’ll ever get back to what used to be their normal routine. They said they didn’t think they’d even start back to church as soon as it opened for them
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I’m in Florida for the week.

I’d say less than 1% of people are wearing masks, including waiters/waitress. Also a ton of boats out.
    Tan lines man.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I encountered both Salty and ECU last week and shook their hands. No mask were worn.

I’ve been surprised my certain people I know and their decisions related to this virus.

I feel pretty bad for my grandparents really. They are both 80 and in good health for their age but they have not been in public since March and based on the way to hey we’re talking just this evening I don’t know that they’ll ever get back to what used to be their normal routine. They said they didn’t think they’d even start back to church as soon as it opened for them
    I agree with this. I’m moving on with my life after 2 months of shut down (best turkey season ever). But my elderly parents don’t have that luxury especially with my father in poor health

Fwiw I see tons of people wearing masks in stores around charlotte and rock hill. Have not worn one myself and walk thru the grocery store going about my business like I always have

It's ridiculous. I have seen a lot with mask on and 90% or more wearing them wrong in the first place. I wear one while turning wood on a lathe that's about it.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

The wife and I wear them. Cutting Grass.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'm supposed to at work if I get within 6 feet of another person. Guess what I don't go to the office much anymore and when I do I shut my door so people won't bother me.

I can do my job without interacting with people in person if I have to so I don't see the need to wear a mask. In public I don't wear one, no business has told me I'm required to wear one to do business with them, yet.

I've thought of wearing a white mask and use a red Sharpie to put little blood like dots on it and just start coughing when people get close to me.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Does a surgical mask conceal your identity? That would appear to be the pertinent clause here.

Given that was 1962, maybe this possibly pertained to a certain secret society -- I don't believe I gotta mention it's name ...that was around at the time, especially since the next law is:

SECTION 16-7-120. Placing burning or flaming cross in public place.

A few stores and where I get my hair cut required it so far.

I wear a respirator pouring lead and when sanding wood.
    Last edited by scdiver; 05-26-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I do. I go very few places where I have to go inside......but with a mask on people get out of your way in a hurry.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I find it just the opposite. I go into the Kroger without a mask, and all these mask wearing fools part like the Red Sea. They can’t get away from me fast enough.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Default Wearing masks in SC

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I find it just the opposite. I go into the Kroger without a mask, and all these mask wearing fools part like the Red Sea. They can’t get away from me fast enough.
    Same here! I walked up to the meat counter and they scattered. Also I had a masked lady refuse to come down an aisle while I was on it mask-less. She stood at the end of the isle pitching a fit until I moved on. It turned into a game because I would meet her again on the next aisle and the same thing would happen. I’ve actually enjoyed grocery shopping without people all on top of you and in the way on every aisle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-26-2020 at 10:07 AM.