Thread: Qualified Captain moment going down

Default Qualified Captain moment going down

Sailboat stuck in the sand @ Litchfield beach. Stuck good from what I hear.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Anchored 200 yds or so out last night. This morning it was more like 2 yds.

Dang it boy. I saw one this morning on the Qualified Captains' "story" at Lake Murray Dam. Dude in KRT money maker white truck had his buddy holding up the trailer and walking it to the ramp while attached to the truck. Guess the truck owner was scared to back with the crowd.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 05-25-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Human error...you will have that.

Watched it go down....told someone when he threw out that $18 walmart anchor . “Not gonna be good”

Went to bed last night and saw the nav lights on......still anchored

He was walking the beach today trying to rally people to help push at 10am tomorrow....I told him to Make sure and post something on qualified captain

Dumbasses and blow boats
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-25-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I heard a crane is all that would work..

Sea Tow...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    ... had his buddy holding up the trailer and walking it to the ramp while attached to the truck.
    I might be reading it wrong Rion but I'm trying to envision this in my head and it's just not making sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Guess the truck owner was scared to back with the crowd.
    Prolly more like "couldn't". Seen it at the hill way to many times. A grown man who can't back a boat down a ramp is just plain sad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-25-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I might be reading it wrong Rion but I'm trying to envision this in my head and it's just not making sense of it.

Prolly more like "couldn't". Seen it at the hill way to many times. A grown man who can't back a boat down a ramp is just plain sad.

Imagine you picking up the ass end of the boat trailer while still hooked to the truck and walking it backwards guiding us as you go. I'll see if I can find it again.

88559DAA-16B2-4621-B461-F653EC829BE5.jpg

34C242B5-0EF2-4FB7-91EC-59A97BB94869.jpg
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 05-25-2020 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Tracking now. So sad...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Low profile tires and squatting in the back. Go figure

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I saw the fool at Litchfield yesterday when he got there. He came sailing up the beach N and when he got to Litchfield Inn he got in tight to the beach, just past the second bar. He dropped his sail and turned around under power. He then drove in two circles and dropped his anchor straight down just barely beyond that bar, maybe 10 feet deep there. A couple guys swam back and forth to the beach. Guess it didn’t end so well for him. Idiot.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

That is one way to clean your hull...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Dumbasses and blow boats
    When I worked at Ripley Light Marina years ago, we would call them WAFI'S- Wind Assisted Fucking Idiots. They would pull up to the marina in their little inflatables and want to buy a gallon of gas or use our shower. We would run them off, sometimes with the water hose. We would find their little boats hidden amongst the sportys or tied up on a dock and untie them and push them off the dock and laugh when they got back and couldn't find their inflatables. Seen a many of them have to swim to get their little boats back.
    every expert was once a beginner