Thread: Impose herbicide on Clearfields

Default Impose herbicide on Clearfields

Went to get Cadre, and Impose was all the local feed store had in stock. He said it's pretty much the same as Cadre, but when I read the label, there was no info at all on sunflowers. Couple of questions:

1. Do I go with the same rate as Cadre? 4oz to the acre?

2. What kind of surfactant and how much per acre?

3. When to spray? I've read at 21 days after planting, and also read the 4 to 6 leaf stage. Does that mean the vegetative 4 to 6 or the R4 to R6 stage? We planted on Mother's Day so 21 days would be this Sunday and the attached picture is what they look like now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you look at the data sheet, they look like the same stuff and same strength. 4oz per acre. Cadre is labeled for peanuts. It's data sheet doesn't mention sunflowers either. When to apply is more a matter of the size of the weeds, not the sunflowers, as long as you can get the tractor over them.

Disclaimer: I am no expert or even novice. I am getting my as kicked by weeds. I spray when my schedule and the weather permits. I just finished up spraying my dove field yesterday.

What did you pay for the Impose? Cadre runs around $220/gallon if you look around. I paid a lot more per oz. for less than a gallon.

https://www.adama.com/documents/4448...pose-label.pdf
    http://www.cdms.net/LabelsSDS/home/prodidx?key=180

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If you look at the data sheet, they look like the same stuff and same strength. 4oz per acre. Cadre is labeled for peanuts. It's data sheet doesn't mention sunflowers either. When to apply is more a matter of the size of the weeds, not the sunflowers, as long as you can get the tractor over them.

Disclaimer: I am no expert or even novice. I am getting my as kicked by weeds. I spray when my schedule and the weather permits. I just finished up spraying my dove field yesterday.

What did you pay for the Impose? Cadre runs around $220/gallon if you look around. I paid a lot more per oz. for less than a gallon.

https://www.adama.com/documents/4448...pose-label.pdf
    http://www.cdms.net/LabelsSDS/home/prodidx?key=180
    I think I paid $225 for a gallon of the Impose. My field is completely clean 3 weeks in, and I'm lucky for that I guess. I didn't realize Spartan Charge was rain activated and we didn't get rain for 7 or 8 days after planting and spraying it with Dual Magnum.

Not sure but I’d spray sooner than recommend in hope it kills some of the sunflowers. Looks like your planter is dropping several seeds at once.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Not sure but I’d spray sooner than recommend in hope it kills some of the sunflowers. Looks like your planter is dropping several seeds at once.
    I don't have a two-row planter yet so we have been getting by with a grain drill the last couple of years. I normally let the plants get up a little bit and then let the kids go down each row plucking out some of the extra to get our spacing.

4th to 6th true leaf. Those first 2 leaves that unfold are cotyledons and not considered true leaves. You’ve got a few more days to wait but be ready. With the warm temps and moisture they’ll jump in a hurry. As for surfactant, use ammonium sulfate. AMS at the manufacturers labeled rate is what makes cadre,beyond, impose,etc work. Spray the weeds while small, just as the label says, with a good AMS, and you’ll get good results.
    U serious Clark?

like you know what you're talking about...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.