Thread: Anyone Own A VRBO In A "Different" Place?

Default Anyone Own A VRBO In A "Different" Place?

We had a resort south of Cancun booked for the week of July 6, but have cancelled.

My wife doesn't wanna do anything from Cherry Grove to Pawley's...

We're currently exploring the Lake Jocassee/Keowee area, as we'd kinda like to tow the boat up, but it's not a must.

I'm just looking to see if any of you guys have any rental properties within a few hours drive of Camden that has some decent stuff to do in the surrounding areas.

Thanks!

(2 adults, 1 kid, no pets)

Keowee and Jocasse are great. You may get lucky with the crowds being down since it's the week after the 4th and not the week of. I'm sure you'll be able to find something. Look at Lake Lure, Junaluska and Glenville in NC may also be options.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 05-25-2020 at 12:42 PM.

We did a vrbo on a house right outside the park. It was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    We had a resort south of Cancun booked for the week of July 6, but have cancelled.

My wife doesn't wanna do anything from Cherry Grove to Pawley's...

We're currently exploring the Lake Jocassee/Keowee area, as we'd kinda like to tow the boat up, but it's not a must.

I'm just looking to see if any of you guys have any rental properties within a few hours drive of Camden that has some decent stuff to do in the surrounding areas.

Thanks!

(2 adults, 1 kid, no pets)
    I don’t know if it interest you but I have done an rv share at lake jocassee for the week after the 4th. Rv share is like Vrbo with rv’s. Most will even set the camper up in the spot you get before you get there. So it is like a camping hotel without the work. Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I don’t know if it interest you but I have done an rv share at lake jocassee for the week after the 4th. Rv share is like Vrbo with rv’s. Most will even set the camper up in the spot you get before you get there. So it is like a camping hotel without the work. Just food for thought.
    Thanks for the idea.

FWIW -- we're not set on the destinations mentioned above. Places near the ocean are not outta the question; other mountain destinations are easily considered, too. We don't have to tow the boat. We're probably only looking for 4-5 nights, anyways, so I don't know how much boating we'd get in if we did a moutain/lake combo. If coastal, I'm sure we'd use the boat more...

If you are interested in Murray I got a buddy with a nice house and dock. PM if you want his contact info
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Jocassee is a hidden treasure not many experience. get a cabin at devils fork or if your lucky, score one of the few houses actually on the lake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Having read of your trials and tribulations on the water might I suggest you leave the boat at home if you decide on Jocassee.