Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat landing theft

It wouldn't be that hard to put one of those cameras on the public boat landings just like the ones all over the highway. At least them there would be a record of events cops could go back to
    Last edited by Frank1; 05-25-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard to put one of those cameras on the public boat landings just like the ones all over the highway and let the same people watch them
    No money to be made.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

The LEOs form Clarendon County were all polite and seemed genuinely concerned and empathetic. However, I understand that property crimes in that county like many others are a very low priority. FWIW, two of the vehicles that were victims were literally at the entrance, as in parked on the grass almost blocking the turn in to the landing adjacent to the road. I think with one or more look outs and mobile phones, you can have your way with the place as target-rich as that.

All boat landings are vulnerable, in every state. The worst day I have ever experienced was at the Ferry Landing at Georgetown. The first day of duck season, all tires were cut (there may have been one or two not cut, but not to my witness) and several vehicles vandalized. Personally, I have had lug nuts removed in AR, and similar problems on landings on the Great Pee Dee.

I am praying they do not show up at my house to get my truck and put me in a position to have to make a choices. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

LEOs were all over the place today. Alot of unmarked vehicles heading from Davis Station down toward Rikenbakers old store. I think they were getting ready to have a license /sobriety checkpoint.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-25-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I am praying they do not show up at my house to get my truck and put me in a position to have to make a choices. MG
    They will have already made the decision. You will simply be reacting.

The sheriff of Clarendon county is a former Capt with DNR, you would think Tim would be on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    The sheriff of Clarendon county is a former Capt with DNR, you would think Tim would be on top of it.
    Don’t give too much credit. After reporting a certain violation involving a rifle and an osprey on Russell one day I had the DNR officer call me back and ask if I’d stay there and tell him if the guy was still there fishing or left because it would take him a little bit to get there and he had to go pick up his boat before he could come down?? WTF???!!! Hate it he had to do his damn job. This was before camera phones. Break ins???? Pffffttt!!!
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I left my truck unlocked, with nothing of value on the inside.

This is what I do. At least saves you a window, they are getting in there regardless.

Don't forget that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you get hit by one of these roaches, and they catch him, keep up with the case, show up for court, and tell the judge how you feel. It's easy for a judge to hand out a slap on the wrist in an empty courtroom.

Am I wrong to think that we as taxpayers may be better served for DNR to patrol boat landings and attempt to protect our property versus us get stopped every 30 minutes on the lake to do a pfd check?

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    Don't forget that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you get hit by one of these roaches, and they catch him, keep up with the case, show up for court, and tell the judge how you feel. It's easy for a judge to hand out a slap on the wrist in an empty courtroom.
    This works.

The three people that robbed me at gun point got 12 years and served all of it.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-27-2020 at 06:17 AM.