Thread: SC DNR

Default SC DNR

Anyone have a clue on when they plan on opening back up?

Sometime after I get a ticket for not having my boat registered.
    I’m not putting the OOS title in the mail for the post office or them to lose on account of their coronacation.

I had to resister a boat from an in state transfer during this quarantine. I took pictures and scans of all my documents before I sent them in with the fee. It took a few weeks but finally the papers and stickers came back. It might have been smarter to send it as a registered letter so I'd have tracking info and non-repudiation.

---- NEWS RELEASE ----
    For Immediate Release
    dnr logo

West Columbia SCDNR office fully operational, public access remains restricted

COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 18, 2020) — The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources’ Licensing and Boat Titling Office, located at the State Farmer’s Market in West Columbia, is now fully staffed.
    While operations resume at full capacity within the office, in-person transactions are not taking place at this time. Please note that ALL services can be completed by phone, online, or by U.S. Mail.

With a full staff, SCDNR will now be able to process paperwork, answer questions, and complete transactions in a more efficient and faster manner.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for us to process your application. Historically, this is one of the busiest times of the year for boat registrations, and South Carolina continues to rank in the top 10 states for boat registrations. Since all transactions are being done by mail, volumes have increased significantly. Our staff is working as quickly as possible to process and return your documents.

To purchase hunting & fishing licenses, permits, or tags, customers may visit www.dnr.sc.gov/purchase.

Boat titling and registration transactions can be made via U.S. mail. Send applications and paperwork to:

SCDNR, ATTN: T&R
    P.O. Box 167
    Columbia, SC 29202-0167

Details and instructions are available online at www.dnr.sc.gov/boating.

In addition, SCDNR has answered many commonly asked questions about the required boat registration paperwork. If possible, please review the information provided at this link before placing a call to our offices to help reduce wait times.

Pm sent palmetto