Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Duramax

Default 2020 Duramax

Specifically the 2500HD. Anyone got any first hand reviews? I know of really only one guy that’s been able to give me some good reviews so far. Liking for more info.

KRT, what have you seen or heard? Sorry bud, looked at the Cummins mega cab.....13,900 rated towing isn’t going to cut it at my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Ask Salty

19,700 towing capacity on a 2020 ram 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why a mega cab the regular crew cab ram is still a bigger back seat than GM. The Cummins can drag plenty more than 13,900 and stop it too.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    19,700 towing capacity on a 2020 ram 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins

Post your source please

13,990 lbs on the mega cab Cummins. Even had a RAM dealer confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Why a mega cab the regular crew cab ram is still a bigger back seat than GM. The Cummins can drag plenty more than 13,900 and stop it too.
    Again, please post source

Legroom specs on the rear seat of a mega cab is 43.1”, Chevy crew cab is 43.4”

A buddy just bought one. If you have specific questions I can pass them along. I'll see him and truck tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    Post your source please

13,990 lbs on the mega cab Cummins. Even had a RAM dealer confirm

Google 2020 ram 2500 with Cummins. I got a 13 ram 2500 and it hauls a 17000lb tractor on a 10 ton pintle hitch . Hit the Tow/ Haul and Engine brake and roll on

I was just curious so I googled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    “UP TO”

That’s a regular cab truck

I’m not here to argue towing. That was just for KRT. I’ve already had dealers confirm and the Ram is way behind.....sorry.

Just need some experience on the 2020 Duramax with the new Allison 10 speed

Just from folding my 6’1” self in both. I don’t really read truck specs. I go sit in them and drive them. But .3” isn’t going to be a hill of beans. You obviously want want to buy one of those ugly new HDs but are gun shy. Just go buy it, they are all over priced and will pull more than you should with a 3/4ton truck. I drag 15k on the hitch on my ram with no problems. I wouldn’t be scared of 20k on a gooseneck but that is a shit load of weight on single rears.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by TennDan View Post
    A buddy just bought one. If you have specific questions I can pass them along. I'll see him and truck tomorrow.
    Just pick his brain a little. See if he has any issues or complaints if you don’t mind

I hear they are terrible on DEF....?

Just from folding my 6’1” self in both. I don’t really read truck specs. I go sit in them and drive them. But .3” isn’t going to be a hill of beans. You obviously want want to buy one of those ugly new HDs but are gun shy. Just go buy it, they are all over priced and will pull more than you should with a 3/4ton truck. I drag 15k on the hitch on my ram with no problems. I wouldn’t be scared of 20k on a gooseneck but that is a shit load of weight on single rears.
    I personally like the new trucks. Yes they are all overpriced and therefore I research and ask questions more than the reasonable amount.

The .3” doesn’t mean shit to me......just a fact.

As for weight, I’ve got a 2005 2500 that has 200k miles of pulling way more than everyone told me it should. D3 dozer and 17-19k loads of hay are everyday for it. Never have had an issue thankfully.

I’m just trying to stay in the same ballgame for when I need it.

Yeah, I got one. It’s a hunk of shit. Worst truck I’ve ever owned. Bought it March 14, 2020, it’s been in my possession 14 days, fucked up at 521 miles the first time, I’ve put one tank of fuel in it since owning it. So far they’ve replaced the fuel pump, right fuel rail, sensors on the left fuel rail, two batteries, fuel line, some shit in the computer and gone through the entire wiring harness. GM is buying it back and I’ll never buy another GM product. I’ve owned 3 GM trucks, the last one 22 years ago. They’ve all been POS that spent more time in the shop than on the road.

I’m ordering a Ford F-350 CC LWB with the 7.3L gas engine. Fuck these modern diesels.

I did price a RAM 3500 CC LWB HO CTD Laramie loaded out. Kenersville Dodge in NC gave me the best price by far. If I were going diesel again it’d be a RAM. Plus they got a lot of leftover ‘19’s up there they are dealing on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

different strokes for different folks. Someone at GM did a lot of acid when they designed those trucks. I would rather have a i6 than a v8. Don’t see many v engines in tractors for a reason...
    cut\'em

different strokes for different folks. Someone at GM did a lot of acid when they designed those trucks. I would rather have a i6 than a v8. Don’t see many v engines in tractors for a reason...
    This is true. My 6.7l PSD never had one mechanical issue though but they got so much running through those things now I’m not chancing it. 36,000psi on the rails, complex turbo geometry, open the hood on one and you can’t even see the block for the piping and hoses. You can buy a shitload of gas for the $9k delta and replace the engine for the cost of one repair.

Get the Cummins if you want diesel.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

My 18 is terrible on Def

QUOTE=buckshot1224;2747338]Just pick his brain a little. See if he has any issues or complaints if you don’t mind

I hear they are terrible on DEF....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Go Tigers!!!

I Love Our GMC. It is NOT a diesel. It is Loaded and I could live out of it. It will PULL anything I want it to IN COMFORT. Will Not pull a 747 but would bet it could. The tailgate is awesome when I drop her down and plug in the blender for cocktails before Clemson beat the U of suc again. They all have bad units. Just sayin
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"