Thread: Don’t catch these everyday

Default Don’t catch these everyday

This is the text I get at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch
    Bone....

Looks like your son caught a big one!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Sorry for the little one. That's no fun!

Get some heavy mono around the bend of the hook, push down on the top of the hook and pop it out with one good pull. It’ll hurt like hell, but it will pop out. Been there before no fun.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    Get some heavy mono around the bend of the hook, push down on the top of the hook and pop it out with one good pull. It’ll hurt like hell, but it will pop out. Been there before no fun.
    Came home and popped it out with 60lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I caught my sister in the eyelid and chin on a broke back rapala. After being warned 9011 times to be careful, no less. She hasn't forgiven me 45 years later...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I caught my sister in the eyelid and chin on a broke back rapala. After being warned 9011 times to be careful, no less. She hasn't forgiven me 45 years later...
    Can't say I blame her either. It ain't no fun ask me how I know
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Did that to myself when I was 11 or 12 with an almost identical lure (9 cm gold Rapala floater). I started wearing a hat when I fish.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I caught reeltight one time; or he caught me? Can't remember? In the nose or ear... just part of growing up I reckon. Damn uncle kept talking about fishing "quadrants".

Nice knot, looks like an improved cinch knot. They hold up good.....

Hope the baby is okay.

I did the same thing standing on the bank here at the house one morning! I put two points from each treble hook firmly into my scalp all the way too the bend! Luckily there aren’t many nerves in the scalp and I never felt a thing even when the doctor snatched it out.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Saved yourself a Dr bill!
    Low country redneck who moved north

Hell I just pushed this treble on through, cut the barb and backed her out. It will make a man of ya but when right back to slinging. I was 52nm offshore with passengers and didn't have a choice
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

My son caught me with a big rapala minnow spoon, buried the hook in the joint of my jaw. I was on the front running the TM and he was on the back deck of my 20' boat- never have figured out how it happened. I cut the lure off with side cutters and we fished the entire day, took the boat home and went to 24 hr emergency dock in the box. They sterilized my big vise grips that I had in the truck, the nurse almost laid on my head to hold it down, and the Doc yanked that bitch out old school.

And that wasn't shit compared to getting a damned grasshopper in my earhole night fishing, I had turned my head for a moment while running down the Cooper and that thing flew straight down my earhole. Glad my son was old enough to drive then- it screwed my equilibrium so bad I couldn't stand up until we finally drowned the grasshopper.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Oioioi. I was tuning crankbaits in the pool one day and had a new #2 gama ewg treble go in the backside of my ring finger underneath my nail bed. Could see the hook and barb in the middle of my ring finger nail. I went in and asked my wife to help and she about passed out. It was still numb so yanked it out. Could see the outline of the hook in my nail for couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    My son caught me with a big rapala minnow spoon, buried the hook in the joint of my jaw. I was on the front running the TM and he was on the back deck of my 20' boat- never have figured out how it happened. I cut the lure off with side cutters and we fished the entire day, took the boat home and went to 24 hr emergency dock in the box. They sterilized my big vise grips that I had in the truck, the nurse almost laid on my head to hold it down, and the Doc yanked that bitch out old school.

And that wasn't shit compared to getting a damned grasshopper in my earhole night fishing, I had turned my head for a moment while running down the Cooper and that thing flew straight down my earhole. Glad my son was old enough to drive then- it screwed my equilibrium so bad I couldn't stand up until we finally drowned the grasshopper.
    That brought back a memory of a dragon fly hitting my dad in eye while he was driving the old John boat in narrow canal off lake Marion. He just hung a hard left and we beached it. I turned around to see what the problem was and he was pulling one of those big ass green dragon flys off his eyeball. The damn thing was holding on to his eyeball. Took him a bit to get it back together.
    Last edited by santee11; 05-21-2020 at 09:39 PM.