Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lay out hunting

Never tried it here but still hunt layouts with friends in their states. It’s a blast. Whole different style than most. We used to hunt a homemade fiberglass boat, heavy as hell, had a few leaks but after each hunt we’d dump the water and keep at it. Tough shooting sometimes but I would absolutely try it.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    You got birds? I've got a spread and two layouts.

Layout boats are a pile of work but fun.
    This. We had a blast. And who would have thought catching a shark in long lines was possible. Crazy morning but will never forget that one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Mine was 75 pounds. Very easy with 2 people. I was able to manage it by myself on occasion with no problem.
    I’ve killed a lot of birds out of that boat. It’s been a couple years, but always blast when things get slow!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.