Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Site For Buying Used LEO Guns

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Same deal with Army Reserves, ID card says Army. I think they changed that when they went to the new CAC cards several years back.
    Don't know about the Army but they did that on AF side probably 10 years ago. That was about the time we were switching from the BDU to ABU, which effectively removed unit patches from the chest. So you couldn't distinguish a reservist from anyone else.

Obviously there were a lot of grumblings about taking the patches away, as it was good for morale and a source of pride in most cases. Big Air Force was pushing TFI at that time, referred to as "total force integration". Not sure if y'all use the same term. It was a culture where part timers integrated with our active counterparts seamlessly, as compared to being treated like rented mules when they needed us. Apparently the hate towards part timers was a pretty widespread issue cause one reason leadership stated for removing patches on the ABU was to eliminate the ability to pick reservists out and force a culture where everyone gets treated the same.

For a while there was some stigma about reservists by some active duty members. I experienced it firsthand more than a few times. My first activation in 2005-2006 I had made E-5 by that time. I was out on the flightline working and gave an instruction to a lower ranking individual to do something. He saw my patch, realizing I was a reservist and essentially replied "I don't have to listen to you, you're just a effing reservist." I jacked him up real quick and reminded him what the UCMJ said about the rank system, insubordination and refusing to follow a lawful order.

A separate instance where due to the heavy workload I had to come to work in on a day I normally had off. Naturally they would give us a comp day to take off later to make up for it. So I went to the crusty old tech sgt that controlled the schedule and requested to take my comp day. Then I heard it again... "you don't deserve days off, you're just a effing reservist." I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't joking.

One cause was how we made more money while activated than them since lots of us were from out of town and were making per diem. Another cause was some reservists were infamous for being a little on the lazy side, but it was the exception not the rule.

Now patches are coming back with the OCP uniform but that culture on the active side is long gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-24-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft