Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Round and Round we go

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

A sneeze or a cough can travel farther than up to 6ft over a 10sec period.Here goes a video to show the difference between wearing a face mask and not.

Some of y’all are posting from one of the dirtiest objects on the planet, your phones.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    I avoid the public whenever possible...

So, I'm supposed to listen to the government experts that tell me to wear a mask, gloves, wash my hands, social distance, and stay home, while they are unmasked, ungloved, just came out of the bathroom without washing their hands, standing shoulder to shoulder, on a stage, at work, in front of cameras? Bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    If you feel like you need to wash your hands after taking a leak, how do you kiss your wife/girlfriend?
    I know for a fact that I, (and I'm pretty confident my wife as well) refrain from pissing on our lips whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    That's impossible...scientists and dentists are never wrong...
    not sure what I did to harm you other than disagree with your blind allegiance to Trump. Dont ever try to pretend like you know my stance. I let it be known quite clearly.

This is expected news as we learn more and more about this novel virus every day.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

And why do people think these stupid mask protect them from all harm. The manufacturer tells you it doesn't... And speaking specifically of the pleated ear loop mask that everyone is wearing...

Livocare ™ Disposable Ear Loop Face Masks ( 50 Count/ Box)

*NOT FOR MEDICAL USE.

High-filtration efficiency with 3 layers of protection.

The Livocare ™ Ear Loop Face Mask is made of a 3-ply construction and a single-up mask that for daily use. This lightweight mask was designed to provide comfort and easy breathing. 3 layers of protection with high-quality manufacturing.

WARNING:

This item is intended for general sanitary purposes only.

It reduces potential contact by the wearer to the fluids but it does not eliminate the risk of contracting any disease or infection.

Change mask immediately if splashed with bodily fluid.

DO NOT REUSE MASKS. DISCARD THE MASK AFTER USE. NON STERILE.

if you go back and listen to the demon himself (fauci) early on, he talked about the efficacy of masks. He, too, said they offer very little protection.
    Lo and behold, the media got ahold of it and, well, they decided to vilify anyone NOT wearing a mask as a murderer of their ailing grandparent.

IMO, you can thank PEOPLE for this mask craze.

The global infections from WuFlu just hit 5,000,000.

There are 7,800,000,000 people on Earth. That means that 0.0006% of humans are infected.

322,000 have died from the virus globally. That is 0.00004% of the total human population.

I don't know about you, but I think it is officially time to panic!

you can thank people? Jeez tooth. That's deep and can be universally applied to every problem we ever face.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    The global infections from WuFlu just hit 5,000,000.

There are 7,800,000,000 people on Earth. That means that 0.0006% of humans are infected.

322,000 have died from the virus globally. That is 0.00004% of the total human population.

I don't know about you, but I think it is officially time to panic!
    For sure. we should lock everything down, stop food production, and thank big brother for saving us from something so scary and devastating. We might have been at .00005% had we not destroyed the economy and the livelihoods of millions.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    A sneeze or a cough can travel farther than up to 6ft over a 10sec period.Here goes a video to show the difference between wearing a face mask and not.
    1. That is a heat signature not particulates suspended in air.

2. That is an N95 particulate mask. That is not what people are being asked to wear. In fact those are almost impossible to get your hands on. But still the virus spores are much smaller than the particulate filter in an N95.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    you can thank people? Jeez tooth. That's deep and can be universally applied to every problem we ever face.
    ha. you gotta admit....it is.
    Its interesting how "consumer confidence" and the media CAN actually sway the masses. We will always have fringe people on each end but the big majority in the middle tilts with the daily winds...

You will see people being shamed for not wearing a mask. Normal people (like me?) will wear a mask bc they just dont want the confrontation. Others will defy this feeling on purpose just to provoke the others.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    I avoided public door handles long before the Coronavirus. Y’all ever notice how many dudes will take a piss and or dump and walk straight out the bathroom. That shite is nasty. Pun intended...
    You right, that does in fact happen, and it is raunchy. Speaking of men's room etiquette, there ain't no damn reason why a grown man can't flush a toilet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

its funny the OP article so vastly differs from all yalls responses...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ha. you gotta admit....it is.
    Its interesting how "consumer confidence" and the media CAN actually sway the masses. We will always have fringe people on each end but the big majority in the middle tilts with the daily winds...

You will see people being shamed for not wearing a mask. Normal people (like me?) will wear a mask bc they just dont want the confrontation. Others will defy this feeling on purpose just to provoke the others.
    I know you didn't just call yourself normal???

And I could give two farts about confrontation. People walking around with no underlying health risk, wearing a mask are just plain silly.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 05-21-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    And why do people think these stupid mask protect them from all harm. The manufacturer tells you it doesn't...
    They don't do much to protect the wearer. They do help the wearer from spreading the virus to others by arresting moisture droplets from coughing, sneezing, talking and breathing. I don't know why it is so hard for people to understand that masks are to keep you from giving the virus, not getting it. It is courteous to wear a mask. It shows you care about others, not just yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    They don't do much to protect the wearer. They do help the wearer from spreading the virus to others by arresting moisture droplets from coughing, sneezing, talking and breathing. I don't know why it is so hard for people to understand that masks are to keep you from giving the virus, not getting it. It is courteous to wear a mask. It shows you care about others, not just yourself.
    If you think people are wearing a mask because they are concerned about giving the virus to others, you're as silly as the dentist.

And I touch public door handles