Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wateree will flood on Friday

Default Wateree will flood on Friday

Looks like we may have 10" of rain before the mountain rain arrives. Duke predicts Wateree will crest at 102' Friday. The poults that have hatched are taking beating here between rain, hail and cool weather.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...=wats1&wfo=cae

IMG_7137.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep.. just slowed down my rip rap plans and will probably damper my weekend.. I haven't told my teenagers yet, I doubt they'll all want to head up with the beach under water with also a chance of the boat not going in also..

We are over 6" already with more to come...

Been working all morning plugging up risers in hopes to save some corn. I hope their predictions are off but they weren’t back in February

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

We have to be getting close to 4-5" here South of Charlotte, with some places in the mountains already in the 6-11" range. I hate its about to flood again, our dock is destroyed from the last one though so I guess I'm not too worried about the water coming up this time. Need that bladder dam to come on so we can avoid this 5 times a year.

Already almost 99..

My neighbors dock is still cattywumpas after the last one.. I'm in need of my guys rip rapping my entire front, supposed to be last week.. then moved to this week. I already have a mess on the beach and it is about to go under.

20200520_151947.jpg

“How high’s the water momma?”

Five feet and rising..

But the corn and flowers love it, as long as the river flow doesnt top out over 30

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Five feet and rising..

But the corn and flowers love it, as long as the river flow doesnt top out over 30
    We’ve got one impoundment and one Ag field that stand to flood if the river gets over 27-28ft. All the other corn and the sunflowers..however..are loving this rain!

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

yep, our field sits on the river.. this is the first time we've planted the lower half in years.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan413 View Post
    We have to be getting close to 4-5" here South of Charlotte, with some places in the mountains already in the 6-11" range. I hate its about to flood again, our dock is destroyed from the last one though so I guess I'm not too worried about the water coming up this time. Need that bladder dam to come on so we can avoid this 5 times a year.
    Don’t think they are putting in a bladder dam. Heard they are going to put spillway on the Camden side. Cutting into a 100 year old dam is not a good idea. They are going to drag this dam improvement on for years.

Might ruin our weekend too. Shouldnt make it under our house but hopefully it doesn’t much damage anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    Don’t think they are putting in a bladder dam. Heard they are going to put spillway on the Camden side. Cutting into a 100 year old dam is not a good idea. They are going to drag this dam improvement on for years.
    They are suppose to clear out the old river bed on Fishing Creek and run enough water for rapids on year round. I have plans for cabin and kayak rentals to offset property taxes.

I'd love to see that happen, at least for that area. I in no way plan on doing it, but it would be cool.

They kayak thing is supposed to go all the way to cedar creek.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Wateree at least ran 3’ out the pond this weekend. Santee Cooper started yesterday. Carrier pigeon toting message rain was coming got shot. They will start dumping 40k out of dam tomorrow. Fawns and poults getting ready to die. It’s a shame. They could have started running 10k out of the dam Sunday and been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Wateree at least ran 3’ out the pond this weekend. Santee Cooper started yesterday. Carrier pigeon toting message rain was coming got shot. They will start dumping 40k out of dam tomorrow. Fawns and poults getting ready to die. It’s a shame. They could have started running 10k out of the dam Sunday and been fine.
    Broken record, it happens year after year after year.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Broken record, it happens year after year after year.
    Yep z same ole crap. Piss poor mgmt. whoever buys is is sure to have someone able to piece together a small puzzle with directions

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    If it make sense there not gonna do it

Big Pee Dee is showing 9' of water coming up in 36 hours at the 378 bridge. Forecasted rise is from 9' to 24' over the course of a week.

Critters and impoundments on the coast don't stand a chance. That Yadkin river valley dam system is just as bad as anything Santee Cooper could conjure up.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton