Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haddrells

I drink Bourbon. Scotch just doesn't work.

Any Blanton's ??
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Haddrell's has been able to keep the Mt. Pleasant store open the whole time because they sell shotguns and ammo. If you've never checked out their hunting and shooting stuff, it's worth the time. It's in the separate building on the left. They have some really nice high-end O/Us.

Haddrell's is next door to one of the best hardware stores I know of. Royall Hardware has competent, knowledgeable staff and they stock about everything I ever need. They have it and can tell you how to install it.

It will spoil you to have good stores nearby. If I ever have to move, my relocation decision will be heavily weighted by proximity to a good grocery store, hardware store and tackle shop.
    That’s your spot with a good teeter across the street and a good hotdog place next door too. Never thought about it but that’s a pretty convenient area to live in.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    why you wanna know?
    asking for a friend....who might be close by there this weekend....
    Needed a rod for a reel and line for said reel.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    That’s your spot with a good teeter across the street and a good hotdog place next door too. Never thought about it but that’s a pretty convenient area to live in.
    Joey Tomatoes down the street if you don't want a hot dog. My office is off Bowman. Its a steady diet of those and the greek place.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Lagavulin went sky high a few years ago due to their own self-induced shortage and the price never recovered back to affordable. I switch over to Ardbeg, Caol Ila, and Laphroaig and haven't looked back.
    How do those compare to Jura?
    Last edited by Fish; 05-20-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Joey Tomatoes down the street if you don't want a hot dog. My office is off Bowman. Its a steady diet of those and the greek place.
    Possibly one of the best sammiches in Chas can be found @ JT...followed closely by the chicken sammich @ The Hideaway on Jimmy Isle.

Lagavulin is peet, the definition of a peety scotch.. over the years I've had a couple "guys" return bottles thinking they were bad because of the strong profile.. Then Ron Swanson came around and more think they want to drink it, Ardbeg has got a similar peetiness, if that's a word. Jura has some peet, but in my memory only hints with some smokiness. Out of the family that PB mentioned Oban was one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-20-2020 at 10:30 AM.

I've probably tried Jura but don't remember it. The ones I mentioned are really peaty/smokey. Jura is the same Islay region and I assume similar.

Arbeg makes a version called uigeadail that will blow your taste buds away. It's a bit strong and raw for most folks. My salivary glands flushed just thinking about it.

I have that in here.. by request, an old armored cav Col, stache and everything...