Thread: youth and women shooting competition.

Default youth and women shooting competition.

First, please pray for my wallet and me.

I have created a 12 year old monster.

My 12 year old and I spent last week with my parents at the farm. He spent the week shooting any and everything that I or my dad had. He really gravitated to the pistols. So much so that he was shooting all of my .45 bullets up. I had to go buy a 1911-22 to keep him from breaking me.

Anyway, I was talking to my wife last night saying that I would like to look into youth competitive shooting, whether its 3 gun or just pistol. SHE THEN SAYS...."hey now that may be something I could really get into!"

What have I done?

and more importantly, where can I do it (once the 'Rona scare dies down?) I am in upstate.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Tha Dick can prolly point you in the right direction here. Or a variety of others on this site. I used to be kinda plugged in, but after being gone 7 years I couldn't tell you where to begin.

75% or greater chance it wont stick so dont worry too much.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Look at it as an investment. Can’t help on the where anymore been gone from up there for 16 years now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Search for Foothills Falling Steel Match. It’s in Shelby NC.

It’s as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!!

Steel Challenge is the easiest entry into action shooting sports. Minimal movement and no reloading on the clock. I see more women and kids there than everything else combined. They also have a rimfire division, so it’s about the cheapest game to play as well.

Some ranges, in order to be compliant with the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), have Junior Classes. At Mid Carolina we have such a class taught indoors with BB and pellet guns. Not cheap ones either. This is a good way for little folks to learn gun safety by people who are qualified to teach it.

By the way, being compliant with the CMP allows members to buy former service weapons from the CMP. Lately the US released a load of 1911s that CMP folks could get through CMP clubs. Those are gone but they expect more to be released. Something like 11,0000 1911's were gone. Maybe more. They do they same with other weapons like the Garand.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Used to be a three gun in Bostic NC. Pistol/shotgun IDPA in Moore/Spartanburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Steel Challenge is the easiest entry into action shooting sports. Minimal movement and no reloading on the clock. I see more women and kids there than everything else combined. They also have a rimfire division, so it’s about the cheapest game to play as well.
    This right here.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff