Thread: Recommendation for Yamaha Tech

Default Recommendation for Yamaha Tech

I have a Yamaha 130 carbureted motor that when I put it to bed last year had a weird issue. Would crank and run, but when you turned it off, it would not crank again for hours. It exceeded my abilities and desire to f with it then and I committed getting it looked at by a professional when commissioning for this year. No need to post up Marshall’s, had some bad experiences with them in the past. I just want someone I can trust to only fix what is needed not what they need. I am willing to trailer to the midlands, grand strand or Charleston if the recommendation is strong enough. Want to get it ready within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. Thanks, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Harvey McLean it in Sumter best mechanic in the state and the only guy that will touch my motor
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Manning Turner. He’s got a mobile service but not sure if he’ll go to Florence or not. If you want I’ll pm his number, might be able to bring it to him in PI.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

X2 for Harvey McLean in sumter.

Lee, just take it Harvey like suggested. They're obviously busy right now, but if you sat on it like that for that long I think it'll be ok.

Holler when you come, I'll buy lunch. Somewhere outdoors, of course.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    X2 for Harvey McLean in sumter.
    I got corrected on this years ago, but for what it's worth, his last name isn't McLean.

Last edited by willyworm; 05-16-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Manning Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Manning Turner

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Lee, just take it Harvey like suggested. They're obviously busy right now, but if you sat on it like that for that long I think it'll be ok.

Holler when you come, I'll buy lunch. Somewhere outdoors, of course.

All that sounds good. Sumter is a short hop. The duck season and offshore season keeps this boat lonely until it is lake/ICW riding around season. Of course, I told myself that I was going to fix it myself in the off season, but here we are. Do you have a number for Harvey? Or an address? Is he full time or shade tree? Thanks, Lee
    Dum Spiro Spero

They're full time, and they stay busy. He and his dad own McLean's Marine on Liberty St. Just take 76 W from Flo and it's on the right just past the old CocaCola plant.

I don't have the # handy, Google them.

Last edited by willyworm; 05-17-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    They're full time, and they stay busy. He and his dad own McLean's Marine on Liberty St. Just take 76 W from Flo and it's on the right just past the old CocaCola plant.

I don't have the # handy, Google them.

1 803-773-2290

Call Manning Turner. Manning’s Mobile Marine Service out of Pawleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Harvey McLean it in Sumter best mechanic in the state and the only guy that will touch my motor
    this

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If Harvey cant get to you
    That Chris fella is Charleston knows Yamahas inside and out and stays up to date on diagnostic equipment and training