Thread: 280ai

Default 280ai

Opinions? Been doing some readings and like what I’ve been reading. Anybody here shoot one?

Close to a 7mmRM, except for heavier bullets.

Ive been shooting one the past 8 years and really like it.

Do you handload? If not I’d just get a 7RM if you interested in a more powerful .284 cal.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have, killed 3 bucks with fire form loads.My gun was the PO Ackley chamber not the Nosler SAAMI chamber. If you decide to get one , I think I have a set of dies.
    I shoot a .280 now and cannot really tell any difference.

Great cartridge for a reloader with a rifle with a proper twist.

I had a great one built in 1996 that was stolen. Shot great, especially with heavier bullets. But I was shooting only handloaded ammo in my hunting rigs back then.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I've been using one for a couple of seasons. Mine has a 22" Brux 1-9 twist. Shoots great, but definitely a re-loaders caliber if you want to get the most out of it.

RL-26 is excellent, if you can find it. 3000 fps easy with a 160 class bullet. I mainly shoot wood goats with a 150 BT or 140 Accubond rolling along at 2900 though, no need for more around my parts.

280 AI is a great round. Almost 7mm Rem Mag without the belt and in a standard action and bolt face. More and more factory ammo available for it now as well so handloading not a necessity. Nosler even making 280AI brass you don't have to fire form from 280 Remington. I like Ramshot Hunter powder for mine and 162 ELD-X bullets.

I have all 3... 7mag, 280 rem and 280 AI. The AI is a great gun. Almost as fast as the 7mag and super accurate. Like mentioned above, you fire form your own brass so factory ammo is not an issue... Well, no more than finding 280 ammo. You will not be disappointed in a Akley
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog