Thread: Hericide for Peredovik Sunflowers

Default Hericide for Peredovik Sunflowers

Anything that anyone has used on peredovik sunflowers for weed control? Doing about a acre of sunflowers and 3 acres of Brown top and don’t want to invest in the Clearfield.

I planted Peredovik's for the first time last year. I sprayed Dual II Magnum at 1.33 pints/acre and Spartan Charge at 5 oz/acre on the day we planted. Came back later with Clethodim 2EC at 8 oz/acre and CNI 80-20 at 1 pint/acre to touch up on grass.

I was completely weed free until about August when some leftover Browntop from previous years and Rape started growing. I used a rear-tine tiller to keep the rows open as long as I could but I eventually lost the war. I had to bushhog strips and disc right before season. Ended up being the best dove season I've had off that field, but I'm done with chasing a hand tiller for acres at a time. Switched to Clearfields for this year!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

By the time you invest in herbicides, fertilizer, tractor fuel and labor, paying for clearfield keeps you from wasting what you already spent. My feed and seed guy will split a bag if I don't need 50 lbs.

Half a bag would be ~12 lb

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Half a bag would be ~12 lb
    Depends what kind of seed you're buying. Half a bag would be 5.5lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

The half bag I bought was actually 12.5 lbs. I ended up buying another full bag at a different seed store because the first ones were too small for my planter. The first half bag and the rest of the full bag will get mixed in some deer plot seed just so it won't go to waste. Expensive deer food.

If the OP wants to swap for some field peas or something, I'll make him a good deal. I'm near Ridgeville.