Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Captains License

Well that is the thing. No piece of paper can really make someone a Captain. If the question is- Would you trade your life so that a passenger or crew may live, and you can't answer "Yes" and mean it, you don't need to apply...

Yea expect your insurance premium to increase significantly if you want to run charters. Mine went from just under $400 a year to about $1300/year for 500k liability and $30k agreed value on my boat. This is through Charter Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Well that is the thing. No piece of paper can really make someone a Captain. If the question is- Would you trade your life so that a passenger or crew may live, and you can't answer "Yes" and mean it, you don't need to apply...
    Well, there's that but as Captain you also get to keel haul the crew when needed. Kinda balances things out a lttle.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    Yea expect your insurance premium to increase significantly if you want to run charters. Mine went from just under $400 a year to about $1300/year for 500k liability and $30k agreed value on my boat. This is through Charter Lakes
    I went through a different insurance provider and did not see an increase like that. I had charter lakes look for me but could not match.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I went through a different insurance provider and did not see an increase like that. I had charter lakes look for me but could not match.
    Who did you go with if you don’t mind saying? Charter Lakes is going up another couple hundred on me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    Who did you go with if you don’t mind saying? Charter Lakes is going up another couple hundred on me this year.
    Looking as well, in the same boat

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mallardman25; 08-05-2021 at 03:10 PM.