Thread: The Last Dance on ESPN

Default The Last Dance on ESPN

Anyone else been watching the Last Dance Series on ESPN

Even though I am a huge MJ fan I was not too keen on a 10 part series but have to say this has been very well done.

Only a few athletes that can be called Greatest of All Time but MJ truly holds that spot in my opinion , his competitive drive was unreal .

End of day I have been very impressed by how he respected his parents and this kept him very level headed Funny he did not even want to consider even talking to Nike, says he was an Addis guy, but his parents basically made him go sit down and talk with them to honor his word that he would. Walked out of there with largest shoe deal at that time and in long run his parent were correct, made him a Billionaire

I’m keeping up on DVR. Thoroughly enjoying it. And I was a MJ hater.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Yeah, I've enjoyed the hell out of it. Especially with no sports and nothing good on Sunday night TV at that time. They couldn't have timed releasing it any better.

Barstool sports did a pretty good write up on this thing finally getting produced. Apparently many have tried and failed (including Spike Lee, thank God) to pitch producing this with the 500 plus hours of footage from that season. There was clause that prevented any of the footage to be distributed without MJ's blessing. Apparently some of his friends set up a fake business meeting, brought Michael Tollin, and ambushed MJ with his production resume. Glad it worked. The show has been great.

I'm about halfway through it myself... I'm more into it than I thought I was going to be. I really liked the one episode on Phil Jackson.... He always seemed so soft-spoken, it's hard to imagine him being as aggressive as he was in his younger years.

Where would I be able to find this now that it has already aired? Netflix?

espn.com and click watch espn. It's on netflix everywhere but the US for whatever reason

ESPN. If you have a smart tv just download the app on it and watch it with your cable provider login and password.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about the series, and not a bad word yet. Caught about 10 mins of an episode and it seemed to be a very well put together production, but I had other things to get done so I had to walk away. I'll make it a point to watch it soon.

I agree that MJ is the greatest basketball player to step on the court. Not a huge MJ fan, but not a hater either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Have really enjoyed it. I've always been a big MJ fan and don't think there's much of a debate as to who the greatest of all time is.
    Last edited by PharmHunter; 05-12-2020 at 08:32 AM.

I am glad I grew up during that generation of athlete. Winning above all the money/drama that athletes experience today

I thought it would be a let down with so many episodes but it has actually been getting better with each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    I am glad I grew up during that generation of athlete. Winning above all the money/drama that athletes experience today

Me and you both

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show the other morning and he talked about Jordan's current shoe sale numbers. Wild that Jordan annually sells more shoes than all of the NBA superstars of today combined.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Who grew up in the MJ era and turns on NBA currently? Not this guy. He was the sole reason to watch the NBA growing up. Bigger than life. This documentary has brought back many good memories of my childhood.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

To me MJ took over the NBA just before Magic v Bird has fully run its course. I guess that’s why I always pulled against him but I agree with RR on the childhood memories. Several times I’ve caught myself smiling at the tv. Very nostalgic at times.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Who grew up in the MJ era and turns on NBA currently? Not this guy. He was the sole reason to watch the NBA growing up. Bigger than life. This documentary has brought back many good memories of my childhood.
    Me. Haven't watched since he left. Didn't even when he made a comeback in Wash. Wasn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Me. Haven't watched since he left. Didn't even when he made a comeback in Wash. Wasn't the same.
    Same here.

I have pulled against Lebron in a few finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t watch tv, I don’t watch much basketball, I don’t think I have ever watched an nba game, but the series is great. Michael Jordan’s drive is hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post

Funny you mention that, today I was driving a 15yr old student and we got on subject of this series and MJ. Young man told me after watching some of the videos and youtube he hated he was born when he was

I am with you, after MJ hung it up I kind of lost interest in NBA for long time. Have slowly got back into it some but still just not the same, just like NASCAR without Sr in the 3 car

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    I was listening to the Dan Patrick show the other morning and he talked about Jordan's current shoe sale numbers. Wild that Jordan annually sells more shoes than all of the NBA superstars of today combined.
    If I am correct for a long time Dale Sr souvenir stuff sold more than all other NASCAR drivers combined
    Last edited by tprice; 05-13-2020 at 06:51 PM.