Thread: Rhodan Trolling Motor

Default Rhodan Trolling Motor

Any thoughts on them? Did a search and saw where some people recommended them but didn’t give any experience. Main question is about their anchor feature and how well that works. Heard some good reviews and they aren’t that far off price wise from MK or MG. Plus with having Lowrance unit on the boat there’s no need for all the extra stuff that comes with MK that they charge extra for. Also heard MG and Lowrance don’t link up great and that won’t get any better since Lowrance is coming out with their own trolling motor but that’s roughly $4k

My next TM will be a Rhodan.

I've been considering it a while for the Southport since we do a lot of bottom fishing. I exchanged PM's with a few guys on THT who had them installed, one on another SP 28. All of them had nothing but good things to say about them. Of course they don't work too well when seas are 3' or so and a stiff wind but on most days would keep that big heavy boat in place. I would imagine on a smaller craft they'd be even more effective. Some have gone with a single Lithium Ion 36V battery in some sort of set up that has an inverter from the engines that charges it to save weight but IIRC those batteries are pretty dang expensive, like $2-3K. Maybe in the future, right now I got a big poly ball, 25' of chain and 600' of rode and other people to pull it in.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Our tool man who has a 28’ Key West loves his. He does a lot of bottom fishing and it will hold the boat in position like an anchor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it’s for a pioneer 220 bay sport. Bought dfasano boat he had listed on here. I’m thinking 24v and 72” shaft. Currently have the 75lb and 60” MG listed in the TP and it does fine, nothing great but gets the job done. Think the longer shaft will be helpful. Main uses on lake Murray and used the MG today for a bit in a 10mph wind. Won’t be going out in much crazier wind usually and if so probably be trolling U-rigs with big motor
    Last edited by theoldblackdog; 05-11-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Our tool man who has a 28’ Key West loves his. He does a lot of bottom fishing and it will hold the boat in position like an anchor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When are we going fishing with him, you have my #.