Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody going Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Lord that boat is a pig.....

.6???
    Can’t argue that. 17000 pounds at 43 mph and 4600 rpm with trim down and tabs 1/2 down to keep it from launching to protect valuable equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    How’d that tail wind work out? Made it a little snotty where we were but still managed 30 knots in. 38 to 40 going out. Probably could of done better coming in but had $100,000 worth of camera gear and 8 heads, 5 of which weren’t offshore folks.

Attachment 56008
    Got absolutely beat to death. We took one so hard it knocked out the electronics

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Got absolutely beat to death. We took one so hard it knocked out the electronics
    Ouch. Nobody to tuck in behind and follow?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Luckily we had a backup handheld and used it. I knew the heading so I would have gotten us somewhere close +- lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Anybody going Wednesday?

Ended up w 13 dolphin and lost a big blue after a brief fight. Rod end of leader/crimp failed at the snap swivel. Had her hooked (of course on a 30) for a few minutes not sure what it was other than big. Got all of our lines cleared and straight in the cockpit. Came a little tighter on her and started a circle towards her. Easily Gained I would say 75yds of line and then she knew something was up. Freight trained wide ass open skying out of the water 8-10 times about 100yds behind the boat before the line went slack. Estimated around 400lbs.
    Most dolphin picked up in one area in a short window before 10am. We were wacking at them pretty good before the rest of the hyenas set in and we had boats trolling within 40yds all around us while we were fighting fish.
    As far as the ride was concerned the way out and in were not bad. Out we were around 35mph and in closer to 40. Worst part was coming in, 2-3miles out and at the mouth of chas jetties we took one real good one on the chin soaking us all right at the end.32’ scout.

Edit: also lost a 25-30lb bull on spinning tackle after a fairly long fight. Had it up at the bow maybe 3’ shy of the gaff shot and a very large shark appeared and inhaled the fish. I tried hitting the shark with the back side of gaff to spook it but it was just out of reach. Got a free lunch from us yesterday.
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 05-14-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Man I think I am the only person that didnt catch fish. Feeling pretty defeated after yesterday.

Man I think I am the only person that didnt catch fish. Feeling pretty defeated after yesterday.
    Been there before. Definitely disheartening. I still think it beats work but it is a rather expensive boat ride. Also tough if you were getting beat up too.

There were quite a few out there that didn't do anything. We got 4 out of 8 dolphin. 1 30# king, 1 amberjack, 1 black sea bass, 8 vermilion and released 4 ARS.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

We picked up a few groceries on the way back in

We picked up a few groceries on the way back in

Both of those>dolphin

I've never been out but it sure sounds fun I'd like to try it someday!

That's why they call it fishing and not catching

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Both of those>dolphin
    Yeah they are. Wait until he gets BSB with a filet and not a fish stick.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

We observed the same as IslandGuy, but not quite as good of results. Ended up with 5 dolphin. Had a dam good one break the line at the outrigger for some reason-strange.

Hauled ass out in the morning(47-49mph), felt like a traffic jam some points of the day.
    A little slower ride in, but not terrible.

All in all, I had a great time....first time I'd been out in 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Nice Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    We observed the same as IslandGuy, but not quite as good of results. Ended up with 5 dolphin. Had a dam good one break the line at the outrigger for some reason-strange.

Hauled ass out in the morning(47-49mph), felt like a traffic jam some points of the day.
    A little slower ride in, but not terrible.

All in all, I had a great time....first time I'd been out in 20 years.

Sounds like a good day. If it snapped at the outrigger clip I bet the line was wrapped on it from bouncing around. Our clips were hanging/ not releasing yesterday and we were rubberbanding line to the clips.

We got a late start- we caught 2 nice bulls and a big cow, and lost another- only 4 knockdowns all day. 35 out and 30 in until we got close. Everybody we talked to at Bohicket had less than 5. Found an awesome rip, 3 degree break in 100 yards with plenty of grass and bait- trolled it 2 hours both sides both directions and zero bites- could see dolphin under the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    We got a late start- we caught 2 nice bulls and a big cow, and lost another- only 4 knockdowns all day. 35 out and 30 in until we got close. Everybody we talked to at Bohicket had less than 5. Found an awesome rip, 3 degree break in 100 yards with plenty of grass and bait- trolled it 2 hours both sides both directions and zero bites- could see dolphin under the grass.
    That’s when you pull up and start chunking and dropping jigs. Never had a time where we saw that, threw some meat in the water and followed it with a butterfly jig, buck tail or chunk on a hook that we didn’t get them fired up. Usually we’re walking on fish by the time it’s over. I’d rather do it that way than cut holes in the ocean all day.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm green for sure, but that sounds reasonable.

They said the outrigger lines should have been changed last year....they worked, but we're certainly not too smooth. Then this happened.

The fishing line was new.....hadrells respooled em this week.

Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

I’ve heard that the less often you deck yourself head to toe in HUK, the more often you catch quality fish.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.