Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurants Open To Inside Dining...

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    That's pretty much the root of my question. But how is it enforced- I mean how do the unemployment folks know if someone's been called back to work if the employee doesn't tell them?
    It's the employer's responsibility to inform the unemployment commission that "xyz" was offered their job back and they refused. Once that happens the unemployment is supposed to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    Yea but will be enough to pay there bills and stay open?

Tough to say, quickest way to a small fortune it to put a large fortune into a restaurant

Brutal business and for those that know how to manage food and labor costs they should be fine. Problem is so many have very high rent and utilities and unless landlords are working with them a lot will still not make it

Very thin profit margin

We saw several local restaurants close until this pandemic improved, could not make enough to justify being open for to go orders only and I think lot of these were wise but this was mostly places that never do much take out anyway.
    Last edited by tprice; 05-10-2020 at 08:08 AM.

i think its funny yall think its funny to debate whether the opening or closing is the poorer choice.

you people would never be happy with a governmental decision.

so which is it? Too quick to close or re-open? Hate trump or love him? Q drop something or other....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i think its funny yall think its funny to debate whether the opening or closing is the poorer choice.

you people would never be happy with a governmental decision.

so which is it? Too quick to close or re-open? Hate trump or love him? Q drop something or other....
    Should have never closed. The government should have issued a warning and outlined the risk. After that, it's on you.

Just put a tent in the parking lot and you'll be at 100%. Let's go....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

wait staff better be on their game..I ate at a Bad Daddys in Grihnvul (outside) and the server was mentally absent. It was the worst service I could recall having..
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Should have never closed. The government should have issued a warning and outlined the risk. After that, it's on you.
    were you saying that back in late march? I bet not....but, hey, its your story so write it to make you look as good as possible.

its a bunch of armchair qb's with nothing better to do than nitpick every decision and try to disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    were you saying that back in late march? I bet not....but, hey, its your story so write it to make you look as good as possible.

its a bunch of armchair qb's with nothing better to do than nitpick every decision and try to disagree with it.
    ummm...yes I was. I've been against the shutdown and calling it ridiculous from day 1.

I just wish Academy Sports had curbside pickup.

I'm running out of Zoom lizards and Gamagatzu hooks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

They do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I just wish Academy Sports had curbside pickup.

I'm running out of Zoom lizards and Gamagatzu hooks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Have you tried Prime?

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    wait staff better be on their game..I ate at a Bad Daddys in Grihnvul (outside) and the server was mentally absent. It was the worst service I could recall having..
    Ate at tipsy taco friday for lunch and my service sounds like it was about on par with yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    Have you tried Prime?
    Pro tip...

Prime has gone to 1 week delivery by default due to this covid crap. However, once your order has been acknowledged by Amazon you can go into the order and click 1 day shipment which really means you'll get it in 2-3 days from the time you place the order, which is better than a week.

I wonder if we will see a spike in reported case 5-7 days out? With everybody having cabin fever and wanting to get back to their favorite eating place and watering hole.

I see some establishments set up a tent for outside dining as well as patio dining.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    I wonder if we will see a spike in reported case 5-7 days out? With everybody having cabin fever and wanting to get back to their favorite eating place and watering hole.
    Do they take numbers off the total? I was setting there wondering the other day. They say SC has X number of cases, that number should get smaller as well as bigger as people get over it, more cases would probably be the norm for a while. I guess I'm just wondering if the people responsible for keeping track are crossing names off the list as people get over it.

the data lags. it has to. you have to make the data before you enter it.
    incubation is said to be 2-14 days. there is one lag.

the death toll will linger at least 3 weeks....bc it takes three weeks to die. you will see people touting there is no change in the death rate in the next two weeks. someone will explain this to them but people will still keep saying it. so, lets not do that....

and NO, people are NOT taken off the infected list or that list would be much, much smaller, right?

positive tests need to be up around 10% to know we have a good sample. in SC, i've heard its hitting around 7%. that is not helping us establish some parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    No. Look at GA as an example. Their numbers of new cases fell after "re-opening".

also understand that we will get more positive cases with increased testing.

GA cant say a single thing about their data at this point. people on the internet can, but the data itself does not allow for any speculation within 5 days of a change in mitigation....esp considering how some tests are run and the lag time getting results back.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    It's the employer's responsibility to inform the unemployment commission that "xyz" was offered their job back and they refused. Once that happens the unemployment is supposed to stop.
    The understandable first thoughts on this...”govt inefficiency will allow a gajillion people to screw the system as names/paperwork falls thru the cracks.” Not the case here, because this involves the IRS, and any money not doled out to the sorry folk who would try to game the system will be quietly diverted into pet projects that will benefit the politicians with financial opportunities, expanded voter base, or both. So you can be damn sure that the govt system in charge of not getting fooked on this front will be well staffed, well funded, and clicking on all cylinders.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 05-15-2020 at 04:12 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!