Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rent me your boat

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Keys. Lobster and fishing with the wife and kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I got bad news for you buddy. Unless you live there or you work in the keys you cant go there right now because of Coronavirus. No exceptions.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Default Rent me your boat

I trailered my boat down there a few times when I had it. I got lucky and never had any trailer issues but it is bound to happen sooner or later. The thought of trailering a boat 15 hours makes me wanna throw up so I’ll probably just end up renting a boat for three days. I like to freelance so hiring a guide makes me feel like I’m cheating ha ha.

Last edited by b35w; 05-08-2020 at 12:23 PM.

I trailered my boat down there a few times when I had it. I got lucky and never had any trailer issues but it is bound to happen sooner or later. The thought of trailering a boat 15 hours makes me wanna throw up so I’ll probably just end up renting a boat for three days. I like to freelance so hiring a God makes me feel like I’m cheating ha ha.

God ain't for hire. But if He were, none of us could afford it - only Jesus could.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I’ve trailered down there every year since 2012. Change your hubs before hand and bring 2 spares. Get on the turn pike in Ft. Pierce and don’t get off until the end in Homestead. Fuck 95 through S Florida. By far the best way we have found is leave Charleston at 9PM and arrive in Islamorada around 8-9 AM. Also you won’t get billed by plate for the camera tolls since we don’t register our trailers here in SC. I can’t imagine not having my own stuff down there.

We left at like 2 am last year and it wasn't too bad other than Miami. I wasn't going to pay $2000 for a pile of shit when I could just use my own. Mind you its only a 23'er. We pulled a 34'cc from Louisiana a few years ago and that was a pain in the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Well I got bad news for you buddy. Unless you live there or you work in the keys you cant go there right now because of Coronavirus. No exceptions.
    He said he was going in Late July.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    He said he was going in Late July.
    Yeah I know. Him and all the vagrants from across the country come down for mini season. Monroe county wont be open for visitors by then. Kno dat

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Yeah I know. Him and all the vagrants from across the country come down for mini season. Monroe county wont be open for visitors by then. Kno dat

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That sounds about right I hate to say. Think of all those dolphin piled up on the dock you caught within 20 minutes of the hill, tell yourself that you don't have a $1000 a month boat payment sitting under a shed 8 months a year, and do it...
    Valid point

Yes which is why I haven’t booked anything yet. Keys aren’t gonna open until Miami gets under control.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    Honestly could care less if we don’t lobster. It would just be me trying to grab a few for dinner anyway. I’ll be fishing 99 percent of the time.

They lost a year to the 2017 storm. Losing another over this nonsense? Start making a list of properties you want to buy...

They lost a year to the 2017 storm. Losing another over this nonsense? Start making a list of properties you want to buy...
    Probably can get a steal

Probably can get a steal

They're surprisingly affordable without Storms and Covid. Not at all what you'd think.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    At 2k a week why not hire a guide? Comes with boat and knowledge? Could do a few days inshore and a few off.
    When did you charter a few days for less than 2k?

We rented a boat from Key Colony, decent 26 SeaChaser, twin 200Etecs, was quick boat, caught some fish, fairly cost effective. This was 12 years ago though.

At 2k a week why not hire a guide? Comes with boat and knowledge? Could do a few days inshore and a few off.
    Not to be a know it all but don’t really need one. I know enough about the area to catch some fish and like the challenge of figuring it out.

We trailered a 23ft CC down to Marathon and with preparation had no flats, no bearings go bad, and had a great week of fishing on my boat. It didn't cost half of that to get it there.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    When did you charter a few days for less than 2k?

We rented a boat from Key Colony, decent 26 SeaChaser, twin 200Etecs, was quick boat, caught some fish, fairly cost effective. This was 12 years ago though.
    Maybe you are thinking large offshore boat and I am thinking inshore flats.
    Guys down there are struggling, even the big names typically booked a year or two out have vacancies. Talk to them and ask their rate if you book them out for X number of days.

If it is this big a deal just trailer down? Do your maintenance and be prepared for anything that can happen over the road.
    Don’t speed and you will likely be fine.

Pulling a boat through Miami ranks right up there with flying through the Miami airport on my list of things I will be avoiding for the rest of my life, God willing...
    I tow my boat to Islamorada every year. It's not a big deal.