Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rent me your boat

Default Rent me your boat

Somebody want to rent me your center console in late July lol? Dang rental prices are outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where you going, what you doing?

$35k deposit, $250/day.

Bring it back and you get your $35k back minus any repairs for damages.

Paypal me the $35k and I'll go get the boat. Give me a day or two though. I gotta go at night and case the place first.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    where you going, what you doing?
    Keys. Lobster and fishing with the wife and kids

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    $35k deposit, $250/day.

Bring it back and you get your $35k back minus any repairs for damages.

Paypal me the $35k and I'll go get the boat. Give me a day or two though. I gotta go at night and case the place first.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Keys. Lobster and fishing with the wife and kids

What are they quoting you? I will try to run the guy we have used's number down for you. I have it somewhere but can't remember where...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What are they quoting you? I will try to run the guy we have used's number down for you. I have it somewhere but can't remember where...
    Was gonna be 2k for the week. I just can’t make myself do it

You got the liability side covered for both parties?
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You got the liability side covered for both parties?
    I’d have to figure that out. It follows the boat.

Consider costs to trailer a boat down, add any drama for a bad hub, or blown tire that takes out fenders and wiring. Deduct that from the cost to rent. Rental costs looks better after that.

That said, I'll always trailer a boat down when I go. I just don't like using other people's shit, even if it's a rental.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Also, I may have an option for you. Just need to swap motors around. I "should" be done by then.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have a 1 million umbrella though

That sounds about right I hate to say. Think of all those dolphin piled up on the dock you caught within 20 minutes of the hill, tell yourself that you don't have a $1000 a month boat payment sitting under a shed 8 months a year, and do it...

And boat rental is excluded from every private boat policy so the owner is naked on the risk and shouldering it. Rentals high for a reason. Didn’t you have a sea hunt?
    cut\'em

Pulling a boat through Miami ranks right up there with flying through the Miami airport on my list of things I will be avoiding for the rest of my life, God willing...

Was gonna be 2k for the week. I just can’t make myself do it

Just stop it. Go be poor somewhere else...

At 2k a week why not hire a guide? Comes with boat and knowledge? Could do a few days inshore and a few off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Consider costs to trailer a boat down, add any drama for a bad hub, or blown tire that takes out fenders and wiring. Deduct that from the cost to rent. Rental costs looks better after that.

That said, I'll always trailer a boat down when I go. I just don't like using other people's shit, even if it's a rental.
    All valid points

Went down last year and stayed at Hawkes Cay. My buddy rented a shitty Sea Hunt DC for the week. By the time we figured gas, rental and slip, we were around $4k. Screw that, hire a guide down there so you aren’t wasting time and can do what you want effectively. I also agree with JAB, screw trailering a boat through that mess, I considered taking the Southport but man I’m glad I didn’t. Also factor in the weather, wind blew on us all week, we had to stay on the gulf side because of it. Water was murky so snorkeling was crap, fishing was terrible too, if we’d have hired a guide it would have been a lot more cost effective.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That’s cost in the Bahamas as well. You can get smaller than say 24’ for less probably if available. The key phrase is “you just can’t bring yourself to do it”. Understood. But just like every DIY project that you know you can do but don’t have the tools for and you learn and push through to do, there’s someone you can pay more to and get it done. But what does it cost to say rent a jet ski at MI or IOP here in SC? 150 an hour? 100/hr. How about a golf cart at the beach 3-400 a week? I dont know but I bet that’s close. Had friend trailer his 31 contender down there. 3 flats and two hubs/sets of bearings later he got there and back home. Start making a best case/worst case scenario on the boat rental idea vs taking yours or just not having one. If you include on the CONS side of the PROS/CONS page your boat breaking down on your trip and you possibly being stranded temporarily, an accident on the road trailering through bullshit 95 traffic, hubs, bearing problems and delays and other mishaps thta would totally piss you off delay and fuck up your trip, I’d bet 2000 doesn’t look too bad. If it does still, reality is you can’t afford it. Hell I’ll NEVER trailer a boat from here to the keys, nor drive for that matter. I’ll just find something else to do.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.