Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rent me your boat

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Maybe you are thinking large offshore boat and I am thinking inshore flats.
    Guys down there are struggling, even the big names typically booked a year or two out have vacancies. Talk to them and ask their rate if you book them out for X number of days.

If it is this big a deal just trailer down? Do your maintenance and be prepared for anything that can happen over the road.
    Don’t speed and you will likely be fine.
    I was definitely thinking offshore.

Trailering to FL isn't bad, but having new hubs greased and ready to go when one goes bad is a great plan. I've spent too many hours trying to find the right hub on the road. Learned my lesson after the second or third time with someone else's trailer. Now I ask where the spare hubs are before we leave.
    Last edited by scdiver; 05-09-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Common sense. I carry two spares and two new hubs. Have your hubs serviced (ie, replaced) and make sure your tires are no older than five years. I have not had a problem...yet.

I’ve drug the A2Z to the keys twice, outer banks twice and Venice once.

Changed one tire on the road and replaced one hub prior to leaving.

Make sure tires are good, check and grease bearings before you go, if one makes any noise replace it, carry spare hub and tire and traveling at night is easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Yeah I know. Him and all the vagrants from across the country come down for mini season. Monroe county wont be open for visitors by then. Kno dat

Kno this...

In two weeks, the two Florida Keys checkpoints that keep out tourists are expected to come down.

Will the open road lead to a rush of visitors antsy to leave their homes after months in quarantine? Will any crowd be mostly day-trippers? Or long-term, overnight guests? Do tourists even have the cash they had before the COVID-19 pandemic for a stay in an expensive paradise?

Those answers won’t come until June 1.
    https://www.flkeysnews.com/news/loca...242812891.html

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You have no idea how thankful I am to be wrong. Hoping the ramps in the keys wont be the shitshow that black point and Hoover have been.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

We have a place rented for the 3rd week in June so hopefully it will be business as usual by the time we get there.

Word I get from my friends who live in Monroe County is that a side benefit to less boating and fishing pressure is - the fishing is Epic. Permit being caught in places they haven't even seen them in decades.

Amazing . Won't take long for we the people to ruin that. Again.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    We have a place rented for the 3rd week in June so hopefully it will be business as usual by the time we get there.
    This guy sounds positive about it.

https://twitter.com/kylekashuv/statu...742229504?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Went down last year and stayed at Hawkes Cay. My buddy rented a shitty Sea Hunt DC for the week. By the time we figured gas, rental and slip, we were around $4k. Screw that, hire a guide down there so you aren’t wasting time and can do what you want effectively. I also agree with JAB, screw trailering a boat through that mess, I considered taking the Southport but man I’m glad I didn’t. Also factor in the weather, wind blew on us all week, we had to stay on the gulf side because of it. Water was murky so snorkeling was crap, fishing was terrible too, if we’d have hired a guide it would have been a lot more cost effective.
    Zombie Thread! Hey Mark, pretty sure I rented that same piece of shit Sea Hunt last summer..Duck Key Marina?